 Castle / 13353
Re: Castle Ctuniie-My first castle MOC!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:05:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle, William Braun writes:
My  parents dont approve of legos, so i had to save my own money.

--Shakes head-- I never understand it when people say this.  How could
parents not approve of Legos?  I could see thinking they're expensive and so
you don't buy your kid every set that comes along.  Or wanting your kid to
get outside and get some fresh air and exercise on a nice day.  That said,
though, playing with Legos is amazingly educational.  You learn to plan
ahead, encourage creative thought, coordination skills.  Some in castle and
even more so trainheads get very involved in the history of the actual thing
they are modeling to ensure realism.  For younger kids there is learning to
pick out details, count, and follow directions when putting together an
official model.  With the Technic sets you get all of this engineering
knowledge.  Would parents rather have their kids play video games and watch TV?

Bruce