 Castle / 13369
Re: another castle story published...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:07:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Hi, this is another story I wrote about a week ago.

It doesn't yet have any pictures yet... :(

but it should be an interesting read.

right on that.

[snip...an interesting story...]

Hmm...I can't say the story was an exactly "traditional" chapter,
but perhaps it is an vague introduction for what's to come next?

Perhaps...

Just a question, though. IS the main character in the story refering
to you, or a sort of alternate reality for yourself (sort of a
parallel character?), or was this entirely coincidental? (nah!)

I think you sort of got it....the character has a lot of my features....
and interests.

He has a GED, which would probably pass in his world, not in ours...
so he is a bit different in a number of ways.  Having brushes with the
soldiers of his master, is my way of sharing of my experiences in the Army
as a clerk.

Some of the detail oseems plausible, but I would suggest adding
more minute details, to the setting, such as the time,
place, background details, weather, etc. Just a suggestion to
increment the reading...

Well, I'm really not a great story teller...I don't really feel a desire
to "show the readers" of the world, I prefer to show it through pictures...

It was an interesting read, though, and I look forward to seeing
pictures to compliment it.

Oh Yeah....there will be some.

I'm thinking of building a "hasty" building for his cottage as  participation
in the BrickFest modular midieval town get-together.  I still have more than
70% of the pieces from the Blacksmith shop (I used the blue roof tiles on
the castle I am just about done building).

I also decided on my next LEGO Shop@Home to buy the 5 more guarded inns, so
I can do the the tavern properly...  no I will probably use 1 complete
guarded inn and pieces from the rest of my collection...haven't sat down
and decided the look....

I might have to start on the Academy of Learning also....but that might be
a fall project (2 Hogwarts, and other pieces...)

In case your wondering about the details, the story takes place in the
"suburb/district of Wembly"

in the Metropolis of Brunswick (which happens to take the whole island-
chain of LEGOA).

Here is that story,

http://www.lugnet.com/~817/legoa

it is quite old though, and there still aren't too many pics of it (yet).

but hopefully that gives you a bit of help....

I might draw a free-hand design of what the island's basic design.
just for additional reference.

Benjamin Medinets