 Castle / 13370
Re: another castle story published...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:30:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matt Hein writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Hi, this is another story I wrote about a week ago.

I think you sort of got it....the character has a lot of my features....
and interests.

I see...more as a lego version of yourself...stories like these always
turn out in a way other than expected...

Well, I'm really not a great story teller...I don't really feel a desire
to "show the readers" of the world, I prefer to show it through pictures...

Hmm...if you want to read my castle story (more detail here, though...),
check out this link

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Fantasy/Castle

Oh Yeah....there will be some.

Unfortunately for me, the lack of a digital camera makes it so lots of
written detail is nearlt mandated in order to descibe the setting, so you
guessed it,
I'm pushed more onto a classic storytelling stance myself. (well, it's a
hobby of mine anyway...)

I'm thinking of building a "hasty" building for his cottage as  participation
in the BrickFest modular midieval town get-together.  I still have more than
70% of the pieces from the Blacksmith shop (I used the blue roof tiles on
the castle I am just about done building).

I have yet to buy a Blacksmith shop, but then again, I need more
10000 (Guarded Inns) too, so...

I also decided on my next LEGO Shop@Home to buy the 5 more guarded inns, so
I can do the the tavern properly...  no I will probably use 1 complete
guarded inn and pieces from the rest of my collection...haven't sat down
and decided the look....

Hmm...I'm still in the drawing plan for my medieval village, although
I've amassed a small quantity of older castle sets, but it's parts
as simple as grey bricks and red sloped bricks that keep me from even
starting the project.

I might have to start on the Academy of Learning also....but that might be
a fall project (2 Hogwarts, and other pieces...)

5 Guarded Inns? My budget wouldn't nearly allow that or my wallet would
be crying for mercy.

In case your wondering about the details, the story takes place in the
"suburb/district of Wembly"

in the Metropolis of Brunswick (which happens to take the whole island-
chain of LEGOA).

Here is that story,

http://www.lugnet.com/~817/legoa

it is quite old though, and there still aren't too many pics of it (yet).

Old stuff rarely gets updated. WHen the pictures come, perhaps
it will make more sense.

but hopefully that gives you a bit of help....

I might draw a free-hand design of what the island's basic design.
just for additional reference.

I've done so many freehand sketches of my next project, I've considered
filing an achive of them.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112