 Castle / 12656
Re: Is lugnet.castle the place for stories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:44:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tamyra Teed writes:
I totally agree with you Bruce, I'm tired of the this goes here and that goes
there crap.. I've basically given up on posting stuff because I've gotten my
head bit off for posting in the 'wrong' place..

To me.. that's like saying I don't want you to post in here, so we'll give you
your own group and we don't have to bother with you... Think about how you'd
personally feel if someone did that to you?   This group is for EVERYTHING
castle related. Posting of MOC's, posting of story's, building tricks and • tips,
ideas... and anything else that's even remotely castle related.  IOM does • belong
in castleworld though since it's part of that.

I agree that I would prefer a somewhat more flexible attitude towards what
should be posted in the various boards. I think if someone wants to sell some
castle lego, or a lot of grey brick, it is likely to interest a lot of us, so I
have no problem with that being posted here. However, I recognise that Lugnet
ettiquette has developed such that this kind of post only "belongs" in the
buy-sell-trade section. So if I should ever sell any castle lego (Heaven
forbid) I will respect that, and not Xpost it to .castle.

In short, I think if something is even vaguely castle related, I think it
belongs on Lugnet.castle. If I personally don't want to read a thread about
someone's fantasy type story, I'll just skip it. Likewise, if I want to post
something about some pretty obscure thing like say medieval heraldry, or
what kinds of headgear medieval merchants might have worn, I think it belongs
here, although I may also post to off-topic.fun.

I am personally more interested in seeing pic of MOCs than new installments in
lego adventures and stories, but having posted next to no pics of my own MOCs,
(I'm pretty much computer illiterate) I'm not about to criticise anyoe for
clogging .catsle with stuff that may not "belong" here. I think there can be
room for both within the same group. If one or the other gets more replies and
attention, that just indicates what most people may be interested in at any
given time.

Magnus