 Castle / 12649
Re: Is lugnet.castle the place for stories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:24:13 GMT

I totally agree with you Bruce, I'm tired of the this goes here and that goes
there crap.. I've basically given up on posting stuff because I've gotten my
head bit off for posting in the 'wrong' place..  I'm sure someone will bite it
off again very soon too.. though ya know.. I'm to the point I don't care
anymore..

To me.. that's like saying I don't want you to post in here, so we'll give you
your own group and we don't have to bother with you... Think about how you'd
personally feel if someone did that to you?   This group is for EVERYTHING
castle related. Posting of MOC's, posting of story's, building tricks and tips,
ideas... and anything else that's even remotely castle related.  IOM does belong
in castleworld though since it's part of that.

I'm somewhat to the point of if you don't like what's posted here, go somewhere
else.. see if you can find your 'utopia' elsewhere.. cuz it's not here and never
will be.  No one person can control what happens here (outside of Suz and Todd)
so get a ladder and get over it.. it's called dealing with life, everything
isn't in it's proper place there either.

And if you feel you're getting buried under 9 messages, go back to Rec.Toys.Lego
and try to find some decent content...

<dons flame retardant suit>
Not that I meant this to be nasty.. it's just *MY* opinion.. everyone is welcome
to their own.

Tamy
"Refuses to be a compartmentalized dork"

Bruce Hietbrink wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets writes:

I guess that's up to admin, but if the group were to be created, I think
some of the "compartmentalized dorks" '

This is my main objection.  From my experience on other message boards and
newsgroups, when there is too much compartmentalization, you suddenly get a
whole lot of discussion on why this or that post belongs in this subgroup or
that, which ultimately leads to more noise.  There's not really a lot of
traffic in this group.  Here's the last week:
Last 32 hours: 21 posts
2 day ago: 13 posts
3 days ago: 9 posts
4 days ago 4 posts
5 days ago 5 posts
6 days ago 5 posts
7 days ago 9 posts
That's an average of 9 posts a day.  It's hard for things to get "buried" in
that many posts.  I will admit that I'm relatively new here and so maybe
this is an uncharacteristic low point in posting, but I'm used to Usenet
newsgroups that get a couple of hundred posts a day, so I'm not that
deterred by sorting through 9 posts.

Bruce