 Castle / 12667
Re: Is lugnet.castle the place for stories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:51:30 GMT

I'm not anti-story by any means. And quelching creativity is the last thing
I'd ever want to do!
From casual observation it appeared that the growing amount of stories might
warrant a new group. For example, the growing amount of MECHA in
lugnet.space, eventually gave birth to lugnet.build.mecha.

I'm not sure why people have been getting bent out of shape over this.

Let me address the issue of flooding:
Of course this applies to everybody, but has been evident in several "story"
posts. When replying to a gaggle of comments regarding your post, it would
be considered common courteousy to reply to as many comments as possible in
*one* post. For example, if 8 people reply to your post, please refrain from
posting another 8 replies. Use one or two posts, or e-mail.

MOC & stories:
Yes! Indeed there have been some wonderful MOC in stories (large beasts,
treehouses, etc.) However, there have been just as many stories with no
pictures, or MOCs. A story in itself is NOT defined as a MOC in the LEGO sense.
I do not see TLG selling MOC stories through SaH. Do the readers a favor by
stating whether your story contains a physical MOC out of brick, in your post.

Selling items in lugnet.castle (or any subtheme group)
I mean hey, if you want to sell a slew of castle walls, go to the horse's
mouth, right? Wrong. Whereas it's relevance may pertain to castle....opening
up this floodgate is a disaster waiting to happen. I would guarantee that
eBAYers and BrickLinkers alike would soon be flooding lugnet.castle. Every
other post would be "<something> for sale!!! 20% off!!!". You really don't
want that, do you?

My goal is not one of anti-stories, or even mass controversy. This topic
just seemed to be on everyones' minds lately.

-Kyle