 Castle / 12669
Re: Is lugnet.castle the place for stories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:34:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:

Let me address the issue of flooding:
Of course this applies to everybody, but has been evident in several "story"
posts. When replying to a gaggle of comments regarding your post, it would
be considered common courteousy to reply to as many comments as possible in
*one* post. For example, if 8 people reply to your post, please refrain from
posting another 8 replies. Use one or two posts, or e-mail.

I'd persoanlly go with Danon this issue, I think replying to individual posts
helps threading, and makes it easier for people to follow the discussions.

Selling items in lugnet.castle (or any subtheme group)
I mean hey, if you want to sell a slew of castle walls, go to the horse's
mouth, right? Wrong. Whereas it's relevance may pertain to castle....opening
up this floodgate is a disaster waiting to happen. I would guarantee that
eBAYers and BrickLinkers alike would soon be flooding lugnet.castle. Every
other post would be "<something> for sale!!! 20% off!!!". You really don't
want that, do you?

No I don't, and I guess it hadn't occured t me taht things might get so out of
hand. I have been lurking andposting onLugnet for a year or so now and don't
know what may have gone on before that. But the way I see it, I don't have time
to check up .buy.sell.trade as oftenas I would lke to. If someone is selling
say castle walls, and only posts there, I may miss it, which kind of sucks.
That's just my take; as I mentioned, I will respect whatever lugnet ettiquette
there may be, if and when I sell anything.

Magnus