 Castle / 12668
Re: Is lugnet.castle the place for stories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:58:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:

[snip a lot of content, that I mostly agree with]

Let me address the issue of flooding:
Of course this applies to everybody, but has been evident in several "story"
posts. When replying to a gaggle of comments regarding your post, it would
be considered common courteousy to reply to as many comments as possible in
*one* post. For example, if 8 people reply to your post, please refrain from
posting another 8 replies. Use one or two posts, or e-mail.

is that actually better?  it will break the threading for anyone trying to
read the group...  this post I'm replying to, for instance, was a reply to 4
other posts, right?  If I wasn't reading the group, I would have no idea
what you were talking about, and since I have no way of going up the thread
to read the original posts, I'd be lost.

I think the guideline should be to post a reply if your post will actually
interest other people (unlike me too posts, for instance)... reply by email
otherwise...

but that's just IMO :)

Dan