 Castle / 12639
Re: Is lugnet.castle the place for stories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:56:53 GMT

I must say that I agree with you, Kyle. Not to say that I don't enjoy a good
story! In fact, I enjoy writing my own! (Although I've been rather slack
about that, now haven't I...) I think it would be best if the admins made a
castle.ballads as well -- one that didn't automagically carbon-copy to just
plain .castle.

Again! This is not to say that I don't like stories -- I enjoy them
immensely. It's just that I like MOCs too, and the stories and their

Mark Nelson

In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:
There have been a *lot* of stories written in the past few months. Without
mentioning names, the "fathers" of picture/non-picture storytelling have
been able to capture the imaginations of many, causing storytelling to
become a hot topic! <-- enthusiastic exclaimation.

As a matter of fact, it seems like every other post in lugnet.castle is
about, or in reply to someone's story.

With that said, I concur that lugnet.castle isn't the best place for story
time. Many enthusiasts just want to see MOC or discuss ways to enhance their
castle themes. Granted, I've seen some really cool MOC in the stories, but
I'd rather not have to read through chapters to get to them.

Do stories need their own subgroup (lugnet.castle.ballads), or perhaps they
should be posted to the CastleWorld subgroup (I know some have done this).

I've found myself spending more time at Brickshelf checking out the MOCs;
because the MOC announcements in lugnet.castle seem to get lost within the
flurry of story-based comments.

-Kyle

Don't get me wrong, I think the stories are outstanding, but it seems like
that is all that lugnet.castle is anymore.