 Castle / 1096
Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:01:22 GMT

Nephilim wrote:

<SNIP>
Provocative?

Yeah. Exactly.

and lego babes shouldn´t look like that. In Paradisa, none of the
girl
minifigs looked like that.

--Tobias

There was a paradisa babe (or a townie, in any event) with
visibly defined sexual characteristics (breasts)
printed on her.  A yellow torso printed with a red
swimsuit-looking top.

I have seen that, but the swimsuit was "flat-looking". This one has curved
lines, which I don´t like.

--Tobias

LEGO's been making figures with visibly defined waist and
bosom for quite a while now.  Perhaps the princess / queen's
"wonderbra" look is a bit more excessive than had been done
in the past, but I don't think it's any more offensive than
the pirate wench's cleavage, or the islander's bare-breasted
au-natural look.  (ie, not offensive at all to me).

What I find annoying is that she has been made to look much
more "slender" than previous castle princess torsos.  Having
a visible waist printed on her is one thing, but
having "white space" (actually, red) all the way up and
down her torso from shoulders to hips is another.  Minifigs are
supposed to look chubby - it's part of their childlike
cuteness.  So LEGO has decided that a princess needs to
resemble a Gwyneth Paltrow more than a Kate Winslet.  Bleah.

LEGO *must* want these sets to attract little girls as
well as boys - thus the two female minifigs included in the
large castle, and the barbie-esque proportions of the
princess.

Kevin Knoot skrev i meddelandet ...

Don't forget the Islanders babe who was even topless, save for her
strategically placed lei.

In lugnet.castle, Tobias Möller writes:
\

Actually, I never saw she was a woman until a few months ago.
But I still think that the castle babe is "worse", I don´t know why.

She doesn't look so bad in the long shot of the castle (page 17).
I think I'll like the minifig when I have a chance to play
with it, despite its celebration of the anorexic look.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"