 Castle / 983
Re: A new castle babe!!! (and a weird knight--not a woman)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:31:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:

Yeah, yer right!  Cool, actual female armor!

People, she is just wearing a *tight* blue dress, nooo armor (she's got
cleavage!) with a shawl (spelling?) or sweatery thing over her shoulders.
She ain't no warrior chick.
Aaron>maniac@vol.com

Look at the knight by the ramp up to the gate.  It's a she.  You can tell by
the obviously red lips.  :)

Jeff
Perhaps you have a larger picture than I do, but I have to say that the only
female I see is on the top of the tower of 6091.  The knight by the gate • shows
no obvious female characteristics.  In fact, with that style helm on, how can
you say for sure (unless you have a larger picture) that it is not a
mustache?  Holding with LEGO sets of the past I will have to wait until I see
a larger photo or the actual product before I say that the only knight other
than the King Leo is a woman (no offense, but I don't believe LEGO would have
a helpless female and a warrior female in the same set.).  Your "obvoiusly • red
lips" are most likely a mustache of red or brown color.

My Reasons (may not be enough for you, though):
A.  I own The Catalog;
B.  I looked at it under magnification;
C.  If that is a Mustache, the knight has no mouth and a very long face;
D.  It looks an awful lot like the Pirate Wench's Head;
E.  The Eyes appear to have lashes;
F.  The knight has a thin waist (i.e. hourglass figure)

and Finally,
G.  I have about 13 years experience staring at catalogs and picking out • minute
details (ref: I was the first to predict the Snowspeeder had a Trans-Dark Gray
Airplane windshield, and this is from the low-res scan posted last year.)

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying that I am 95% sure.  Many others
agree with me, also.  Anyway, feel free to disagree.  ;)  Oh, and FTR, I have
been wrong before when I was 90%+ positive, and I make no guarentees.  Oh, one
last thing: I didn't think the knight was female to begin with either.

Jeff
You seem quite proud of yourself (and quick to temper),
Ok, I know now that I was wrong, cause I have SEEN it.  I did not wish to
offend (no need to get riled), just wished to make a statement from opinion
and my own experience.  I don't care what methods are used, I just could not
say for certain that it was a woman without a larger pic, or the product.
Sometimes if it quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it might be a
parrot.  Surely our own opinions should not be so solid...and I was wrong.
Sorry if I offended you, no need to throw down the gauntlet.
Aaron>maniac@vol.com