 CAD / Development / 8958
Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 13:03:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dan Boger wrote:
hmmm.  Trying to actually put this into place - we're running into a segfault:

  ldglite -s.85 -q -i1 -MS3033.png 3033.dat

Write PNG 3033.png
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  ldglite -s.85 -q -i1 -MS3033.png

Any suggestions?  This goes away if I drop the -i1...  so it seems that there's
something in the png code?  if I do a

  strings ldglite | grep -i png

I see (among other things):

libpng version 1.2.4 - July 8, 2002

Ideas?

Nothing comes to mind right away except maybe the png and zlib header
files in the ldglite zip file might conflict with whatever versions you've
actually got installed.  I originally put them there for the windows build
and have been meaning to move them out of the way into a subdirectory only
used by the windows makefile.  Try moving (or removing) z*.h, png*.h, and
*.a from the ldglite directory and rebuilding.

If that doesn't work it's usually pretty easy to debug a core dump of
a segfault.  Just look for the bad pointer.

Don