 CAD / Development / 8919
Re: Building LDGLite for off-screen rendering only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 16:40:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
I wrote:
Don Heyse wrote: • [...]
So far it works fine, but ...

I should probably have written that it is on a Red Hat (mostly)
7.3 system with some kind of x86 processor.

I only glanced at the list of errors, but maybe this is the
problem.  If you already built ldglite then you have to start
over from scratch with the new makefile.  Unfortunately my
makefile skills are not the best.  There's no "make clean".
So "rm *.o" manually before rebuilding.

I had done that (I thought).  And now I have done it again.  Same
result.

I suppose I should admit that I cheated a little bit, and just
used a symlink to the directory containing Mesa (to keep my
directory structure clean).  But is there any reason that might
give problems?

If it's the current version of Mesa (5.0.1), and it's been configured
with the correct ./configure switches, then no, I don't see why
using a symlink would cause any problems.

Anyhow, I just patched things up to work with the latest sources.
Do a "cvs update" in the ldglite directory to grab the latest
changes (It should be 3 files) and then try to build it with
make -f makefile.osmesa.

I changed the include path in the makefile slightly so I'd recommend
an "rm *.o" before building just in case.

I'm crossing my fingers on the __gxx_personality_v0 problem.  That
sounds like your compiler had some sort of issue with the extern "C"
directives in the .cpp files.

Don