 CAD / Development / 1413
Re: [ldraw.org] Shockwave Flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:01:33 GMT

At 12:12 PM 4/15/99 +0000, you wrote:
Tim Courtney (tcourtney@avenew.com) wrote:

[...]

I do have the capability of using PNG, but I am wary about browser support
for them.

Netscape 4.* and MSIE5 supports PNG, but I am afraid it's
only non-transparent images it handles correctly.

Hmmm..  Well, it does sound like an attractive option for file size, but
IMO its too early since a lot of people still run 3.0 browsers.  And IE5
hasn't been out that long.  I just got it a couple weeks ago.  If most IE
users won't be able to see PNG, that's a big share of our viewers so I'm
not sure if it is a wise idea.  A future revamp of the site some 6 months
down the road could change the non-transparent images to PNG and that might
be beneficial.  But I think it is still too early.  I probably won't start
designing sites with PNG for that long, maybe longer...

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m