 CAD / Development / 1145
Re: [ldraw.org] Shockwave Flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 20:50:47 GMT

Tim,
    All you need is Macromedia's Flash. They do offer a demo for download
that has a 30 day limitation.  The actual program costs something like
$250.00 (US) I think.  I'm going on memory here.  As for how it works, think
of a timeline.  Everything that happens in a flash "movie" happens along a
timeline.  Images and buttons that you create can be placed in that timeline
and can react either to user actions (clicking a button moves to a new point
in the timeline or starts a new movie altogether), or time based actions (at
5 seconds into the movie, fade text graphic 'x' over a ten second span.).
There is also a tutorial that comes with the demo that walks you through the
tools and their usage.

One of the problems that I found with using Flash is that once you've
created a flash movie, it is very difficult to update, or add new material
to it.  Some of that may have to do with the ways that I used it, so it's
possible that there's a way to get around it. <g>.

Hope that helps,
Ben

--
Ben Vaughan
buster@marsbase.com

Tim Courtney <tcourtney@avenew.com> wrote in message
Ben Vaughan & all:

I am interested in making a Shockwave Flash version of ldraw.org to give • it
a little spice.  Ben, you use shockwave on your marsbase site, and I am
confused on how to create things in shockwave.  I have visited • Macromedia's
website (which is rather confusing) and from what I gathered, you needed • to
own a $2500 software package called Authorware Attain.  Is this true?  Do
you own Authorware Attain?  Can you download freeware shockwave files for
use on sites?  Thanks for any information you can provide.

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m