 CAD / Development / 1146
Re: [ldraw.org] Shockwave Flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 23:28:10 GMT

Realized I didn't give an address for downloading it.  Check out:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/trial/
You'll need to fill out a form, but that's the spot to download.

Ben

--
Ben Vaughan
buster@marsbase.com

Ben Vaughan <buster@verinet.com> wrote in message
Tim,
    All you need is Macromedia's Flash. They do offer a demo for download
that has a 30 day limitation.  The actual program costs something like
$250.00 (US) I think.  I'm going on memory here.  As for how it works, • think
of a timeline.  Everything that happens in a flash "movie" happens along a
timeline.  Images and buttons that you create can be placed in that • timeline
and can react either to user actions (clicking a button moves to a new • point
in the timeline or starts a new movie altogether), or time based actions • (at
5 seconds into the movie, fade text graphic 'x' over a ten second span.).
There is also a tutorial that comes with the demo that walks you through • the
tools and their usage.

One of the problems that I found with using Flash is that once you've
created a flash movie, it is very difficult to update, or add new material
to it.  Some of that may have to do with the ways that I used it, so it's
possible that there's a way to get around it. <g>.

Hope that helps,
Ben

--
Ben Vaughan
buster@marsbase.com
The few, the proud,...the plastic.

Tim Courtney <tcourtney@avenew.com> wrote in message
Ben Vaughan & all:

I am interested in making a Shockwave Flash version of ldraw.org to give • it
a little spice.  Ben, you use shockwave on your marsbase site, and I am
confused on how to create things in shockwave.  I have visited • Macromedia's
website (which is rather confusing) and from what I gathered, you needed • to
own a $2500 software package called Authorware Attain.  Is this true? • Do
you own Authorware Attain?  Can you download freeware shockwave files • for
use on sites?  Thanks for any information you can provide.

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ • CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m