 CAD / Development / 1272
Re: [ldraw.org] Shockwave Flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 23:51:15 GMT

At 10:57 PM 4/13/99 +0000, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
Tim Courtney <tcourtney@avenew.com> writes:
Dang!!  I probably couldn't bear to look at a site without its images,
and I only connect at 31kbps!  (pathetic performance for a 56k modem, • but
it comes with the territory of a crappy phone line within my house which

needs to be rewired).

You're lucky compared to me... I have a 28.8 which never hits more than
about 4 Kbps because of the phonelines and other computers everything has
to run through.  That's probably why I'm so concerned about making the
images on my web sites as small as possible (usually about 1 Kb for small
images and less than 10 Kb (preferably 5 Kb) for medium sized images.
--Bram

Which brings up another issue.  Does anyone have one of those gif
compressors that take several k out of each file so nicely and
conveniently?  If so, when the ldraw.org images are done, could you run
them through it?  Or is there a freeware one anywhere?

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by
itself. It is a --it is different from the other 49 states. Well, all
states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation."
-Dan Quayle