 CAD / Development / 1238
Re: [ldraw.org] Shockwave Flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 05:29:52 GMT

At 11:24 PM 4/12/99 +0000, Mike Stanley wrote:
I really really really like the idea of getting content up and accessable
first, then making it look nice second.  Priorities, man, priorities.

Ditto.  As cool as Flash and Shockwave can be, they should always be
optional, with no real loss of content to those not choosing to use
them.

Yep.

I love Flash, don't get me wrong.  But I do recognize it as mostly
fluff when it comes to actually getting information or files.

I like Flash alot when I'm at work, where we have 6 T1's and a DS-3.
I often turn images off entirely when I'm at home, even over ISDN.

Dang!!  I probably couldn't bear to look at a site without its images, and
I only connect at 31kbps!  (pathetic performance for a 56k modem, but it
comes with the territory of a crappy phone line within my house which needs
to be rewired).

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m