 CAD / Development / 1166
Re: [ldraw.org] Shockwave Flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:03:00 GMT

Tim,

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please do *NOT* rely on
Shockwave plugins to access content on the new site.  IMO, this is far worse
than image maps, because, in essence, it is forcing people to stick to one
piece of buggy software in order to use the site.  The advantage of a pretty
face is not worth the surfers you will lose.

I really really really like the idea of getting content up and accessable
first, then making it look nice second.  Priorities, man, priorities.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder"
-- British scientist J. B. S. Haldane (1892-1964)