 CAD / Development / 1381
Re: [ldraw.org] Shockwave Flash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:32:28 GMT

Tim Courtney (tcourtney@avenew.com) wrote:

Which brings up another issue.  Does anyone have one of those gif
compressors that take several k out of each file so nicely and
conveniently?  If so, when the ldraw.org images are done, could you run
them through it?  Or is there a freeware one anywhere?

Usually I just use PNG instead of GIF which cuts roughly 20%
of the file size (on average). If you want to improve the
GIF compression of images you have to reduce the colour
depth of the images. I use pnmdepth (from the netpbm/pbmplus
package) for this purpose.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:              sparre@cats.nbi.dk               --