 CAD / Development / 1414
Re: Utility Spreadsheet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:16:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
<snip>
What I really want to do is to write a routine to project a set of quads
onto another set of quads.  This could be useful for someone making minifig
faces -- they could create the face as a flat image-DAT, and project it
onto the 'surface' of the minifig head.

Steve
Well actually ..... I have done the specific case of minifig heads in Excel,
but the code is currently a bit too experimental to share. It requires that the
flat image-DAT has already been split at the pseudo cylinder boundaries
X=+/-4.975 and X=+/-9.123. It also only projects four facets from the front,
and two facets from each side, so actually requires three flat image-DAT files.
This avoids loss of detail on the more recent wrap-around faces. It does, in
theory deal with the cylindrical area and the top and bottom pseudo-cones, as
long as the flat image has been constructed correctly - in fact it projects all
the surface now omitted from the 3626bs01 subpart.

Chris