 CAD / Development / 1400
Re: Utility Spreadsheet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:11:50 GMT

Thanks a bunch for this.  If I had a nickle for every time I've typed in
formulas to interpolate a line . . .

I especially like the plane/line intersection sheet.  I used it to compute the
edge lines for right-angle intersection of two different sized cylinders,
which has to be one of the worst things about part authoring.

Have you thought at all about computing the intersection of two quads?  Lets
see, if you could find the intersection of a quad and a line segment, then
looking for each side of quad 1 intersecting quad 2 and each side of quad 2
intersecting quad 1 should yield two points which would be the end points of
the line segment of intersection.  (I think).  Well, if the quads were
coplanar this wouldn't work, and a case where one of quad 1's sides lay on the
plane of quad 2 would be a problem.

If such an intersection could be computed, then the intersection lines of two
cylinders would be the sum of all intersections of the quads in cylindar 1
with the quads of cylinder 2.

Just day-dreaming again.

-John Van