 CAD / Development / 1401
Re: suggestion for roadplate like parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:15:04 GMT

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:16:39 GMT, "jonathan wilson" <wilsonj@xoommail.com>
wrote:

i have a suggestion for patterned baseplates e.g. the roadplates. how about
taking each plate and making a subpart with the studs and baseplate itself,
just missing toe top surface and then have the main part reference that
subpart. then any patterened parts can also reference that subpart.

That's a good general suggestion for patterned parts.  Some parts are
already set up this way -- the minifig torsos are one example.

I don't think there are any baseplates where there is more than one
patterned element for any one basic element, so there's not much point to
making this change.

If we had a roadplate where there 5 different printings to go with the
plain baseplate (we reasonably expect that people will eventually model the
5 printings), it might be worthwhile.

The 7-stud curved-road baseplate is the only candidate I can think for this
treatment.  It has at least 3 different printings: the roadplate, the
desert dirt-road plate, and the river plate.

Steve