 CAD / Development / 1421
Re: Minifig torso subpart (was suggestion for roadplate like parts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:06:58 GMT

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:02:25 GMT, "Chris Dee" <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:16:39 GMT, "jonathan wilson" <wilsonj@xoommail.com>
wrote:

i have a suggestion for patterned baseplates e.g. the roadplates. how about
taking each plate and making a subpart with the studs and baseplate itself,
just missing toe top surface and then have the main part reference that
subpart. then any patterened parts can also reference that subpart.

That's a good general suggestion for patterned parts.  Some parts are
already set up this way -- the minifig torsos are one example.

Actually the minifig torsos are an atypical example, I think, since the
"subpart" (9326-4t.dat) is still in the Parts directory. For more recent
decorated parts we have utilised the \S subdirectory. Does anyone have any
objections if we move this to S\9326S01.dat, and amend all the 9326Pxx.dat
files ??

Terry, if there are no objections, is this something you could handle
yourself in a future update?

Chris

I absolutely agree to this.  9326-4t.dat does not belong in \parts.
Hmm... how many are there?  Little over a dozen?  Yeah, I could do that.
But I might be lazy and just leave it with the same file name.

-- Terry K --