 CAD / Development / 1355
Re: Foundations (Was: [ldraw.org] Eve of Beginnings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:00:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, tcourtney@avenew.com (Tim Courtney) writes:
[...]
My stipulation was backed by Todd's technical explanation of how browsers
work with mixed case domains, and how the domains can cause conflict when
capitalized, etc. I agree with him that if the site is displayed as
LDraw.org than people will link to it as LDraw.org.  This is not good
given the browser problems that go along with capitalized domains.  [...]

How *some* browsers work, that is.  I only have two data points:
- Netscape Navigator 4.51 for Win95 colors the links wrong.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 for Win95 colors the links right.

Netscape Navigator represents a big enough share of the browser pie to make
domain capitalization games a problematic thing.

--Todd