 CAD / Development / 1345
Re: [ldraw.org] Eve of Beginnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:41:04 GMT

At 05:09 PM 4/14/99 +0000, you wrote:
Tim Courtney wrote:
If its www.ldraw.org, lets
keep it lowercase - one of my many pet peeves about the web is when people
capitalize domains [1] (eg www.LDraw.org or www.BarnesAndNoble.com or
www.BalmanLabs.com [a friend's site]).
[1] Also, I don't like it when people capitalize email addresses, eg:
TCourtney@Avenew.Com -- AAUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :)

Why?  Isn't DNS resolution case-insensitive?  To me, it seems that that
would grant a lot of freedom when it comes to bicapitalization.

It is not case sensitive, you are correct.  But it is a BIG pet peeve of
me.  There's this car that is in my area with www.ArsisRecords.Com printed
on it -- its annoying seeing capitals in domains.  The web should be IMO a
media that carries its own identity - (mabye I am misstating that, but I'll
try) I like the nostalgia of my experience on the web and domains aren't
the same with capitals.  Its a personal thing.  But once more and more
people capitalize their domains, it moves it closer and closer to the day
http://www. and .com are eliminated from web addresses and just text is
entered.  Its like keywords on AOL - good concept for creating an identity
but it lacks the coolness of a full internet address.  It would be
absolutely hideous if browsers did away with http://www. and .com prefixes
and suffixes and started including SPACES in addresses...

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m