 CAD / Development / 1339
1338  |  1340
Subject:
Capitalization of LDraw & LEdit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:43:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
Nope, keep LDraw capitalized as-is.  That's how James named it, that's
how it's copyrighted, that's the trademark, that's how it'll stay.
End of story.

Some additional data points, for the record:

1) The LDraw FAQ document and Bram's LDraw & LEdit tutorial,

     http://hugin.risoe.dk/JJ_Memorial/FAQ/
     http://library.advanced.org/20551/

   both say LDraw and LEdit everywhere, except when mentioning executable
   filenames.

2) The ldraw.doc file that came with the installation I have says:

      LDraw beta 0.24 documentation.

      The LDraw program is to draw your models on screen after
      entering them by hand or with the LEdit program. This program
      is not interactive and is controlled by the following command
      line parameters.

   and the ledit.doc file says:

      LEdit beta 0.4 documentation.

      The LEdit program is to create and edit your models.
      This program is interactive and uses the following keys.
      Sorry, no mouse support.

   There's no author's name in the file, so I assume that James wrote these?

3) James's LDraw page,

      http://silo.riv.csu.edu.au/~jjessiman/ldraw/

   says "LDraw" in big letters at the very top, and the title of the
   document is "James Jessiman's LDraw page."

--Todd