 CAD / Development / 1192
1191  |  1193
Subject:
[ldraw.org] Eve of Beginnings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:22:17 GMT

Tomorrow if all works out well I will be able to begin the creation of the
images for ldraw.org and begin coding shortly thereafter.  A few things
need to be worked out between now and then, and in the near future when the
methods for making the images are fresh in my mind.  We need to get the
major site area names worked out so I can actually make the images, and we
also need to get the translations of those area names into the foreign
languages we will be using.

First off, here is the list of major category names I have so far:

About
Download
Repository (models..)
Reference
Discussion
Memorial
Links
Legal
Credts

Are there any I am leaving out or any that are questionable and should be
changed?

Also, I would like the menus to expand on their respective pages to:

Download
-Software
-Tutorials
-Unofficial

Repository
-Official
-MOC (or Creations)
-Examples (or Tutorial)

Reference
-Online Tutorial?

or does this even need an expansion?

Memorial
-About James
-Guestbook
-Letters

Links
-Official
-Organization (group members' pages, private unofficial resources, etc..)
-Creations
-Other Software (like Leocad etc..)

Please tell me what you think of these.  The organization of this site is
supposed to be one of the key improvements, so lets take this part seriously.

Also, should we come up with an official name for our community, or leave
the site title at 'www.ldraw.org?'  I wouldn't mind the name 'LDraw
Consortium' myself, but what are some other suggestions?

Also, lets open this up for general discussion of major areas of the site,
contents, etc..

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

You've seen their sites and read their posts, now see their faces:
RTL/LUGNET Legofest 1999: http://www.zacktron.com/legofest/

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m