 CAD / *40125 (-100)
  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) Just tested and you're right. I guess the way transparency works in povray means you need a gap between the layers to get mix ups. Tim (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) Yeah, its just a viewer, but looks a lot nicer. I never got on with L3Lab, not entirely sure why. (...) IIRC, it can fix all but the non coplanar quads. (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) You can still only look at the files in ldview right? (it doesn't have any extra features compared to lab?) (...) Cool, thanks! I'll add a note about that (and use it heavily :D ) Cheers NB (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) First of all, you're right about the fact that there's no hole in the surface under studs, and this technically results in incorrect rendering. However, it's not something that people notice. Additionally, the missing hole under studs is (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) Actually, I believe it will look fine in POV-Ray (although I could be wrong). --Travis (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) Travis and Guy have covered the two major issues with overlapped surfaces. As a parts-admin, my view is that while it is better to not overlap surfaces, in some cases the complications required to avoid overlapping are not worth it. So it (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) I may be misunderstanding you here but if it comes to the difference between a part having less primitives or a part displaying correctly I would always encourage displaying correctly. We don't use the Ldraw system to save computer memory, we (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) If you post a hold vote for all parts contain a overlaping between a primitive and a quad or triangle, you must post a hold vote for all parts with contain a stud (ex : all brick !!!). Because all studs are overlaping with quad or box. It is (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: 3 problems - help appreciated!

(...) Willy, thanks so much for your prompt response, you've just saved me throwing my PC through the window! :-)) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) OK, I modified the standalone version a bit. It is now suitable to be used as a 'User-defined program' in LDDP (the 'Parameter' field in LDDP should be set to '%0'). Note that such programs can *only* work with the full file, not selections in (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tutorial on reviewing parts

(...) A couple of other points that may be worth mentioning: 1) LDView can do BFC checking now (I use this all the time) 2) LDDP has a "fix error" option for most errors L3P can find, including bowtie quads. Other than that it looks good. Thank you (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) Ahhh. Very good point. I think you'd get problems in povray too. Tim (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) The version 1.5.7.0 of LDDP that I have installed supports any number of external programs, although the interface for adding them is a bit non-intuitive. Unfortunately, looking at the sources, I find no place where LDDP re-reads the text (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) LDDP is written in Delphi 6 and I only have version 5 at home (D2006 at work). Also, I'm not sure the sources are complete - if I try to open the LDDP project in D5 I get *lots* of messages about things that are missing, not only the obvious (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Tutorial on reviewing parts

So, I made this tutorial about being a reviewer and review parts in the Parts Tracker: (URL) Eventually it’ll end up in the article section of Ldraw, but right now I’d just like to hear some feedback/suggestions from the general community, (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: 3 problems - help appreciated!

(...) * open lg_3185.inc in povray (it can be found in your lgeo folder) * go to line 255 (yes, line 255, the second entry) where you read: "#declare lg_3185 =" * substitute: "#declare lg_3185 =" with "#declare lg_3185_clear =" (without quotation (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations - Closed

(...) nomination for the LSC election is closed. nominees have to accept the nomination within July 20. a list of the nominees as well as the candidates who have already accepted to run for the election can be found at (URL) Webmaster (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) check out: (URL) has taken over the project from carsten schmitz, who still figures as one of the admins, but it's mr. "redoctober" who works the queue of my wild dreams: (URL) think the list dates back to version 1.56 so you may see some of (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  3 problems - help appreciated!

Problem 1. I keep having a problem with Povray stopping. It has a yellow line on the code "lg_3185_clear". Any ideas? I am using MLCad, Lpub, and now L3Paddon. Problem 2. My minifigs don't seem very round (eg heads have hard angles rather than (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) In my other message, I indicated that overlapping polygons will be visible on transparent parts in viewers such as LDView. However, if it is decided that they are ok, it seems to me that you'd be much better off in this instance just using a (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) I don't know what the policy is (or if there is one), but I will point out that it will likely cause artifacts in any transparent parts in any viewer that supports blended transparency (such as LDView). The overlapping sections will get drawn (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) I think LDDP does already have support for *one* configurable external program. Put a %0 in the args list to make LDDP pass the name of the temp file to the external program. I used to add a -p to the args list to tell ldglite to poll the file (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) I have used similar techniques a few times now, and the parts have not been held because of it. As far as rendering, most programs seem to be able to handle it ok, so I don't think it should be a reason to hold the part. ROSCO (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Can a LDDP plugin get the name of the current file? AFAICS it's only given the contents of the editor buffer (or just the selection). Without the file name there's no way to do any polling, and when it's given the selection only it's (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Good. (...) That's a problem with (or rather limitation in) the LDDP plugin interface. Plugins are expected to do *one* thing, and then return to LDDP. I don't know anything about the LDDP source, who's maintaining it, etc. (...) No. A plugin (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) [snipping other suggestions...] (...) Sounds like you want a wrapper plugin to start up the executable version of syncedit and return control to LDDP right away. I did something like this years ago with the ldlist wrapper plugin. (URL) you (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) LDview has an option to reload when the file changes. This allows me to save in MLCad/LDDP then alt tab to LDView to see the updated view. (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) nope 'til now. (...) my usual approce to work my way through the code is polling to LDView with "Poll to selected line only" enabled and LDView's feature "View -> Always on top" turned on, so I can run LDView in a small window in order to have (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

(...) I've been running into problems with this when designing parts and also when looking at primitive substituted versions of parts featuring parts of circles. In terms of appearance sometimes it would be much better to overlap some primitives or (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Overlapping primitives - a reason to Hold a part?

What is the policy on overlapping primitives in a part? Is it OK? Is it frowned upon? Is it accepted as the norm? Is it only accepted under exceptional circumstances? It excessive over-lapping of primitives (or quads/tris) a reason to Hold a part? (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Thanks for your feedback! No, I haven't done anything more, but if you say it works fine then I can bump the version number to 1.0 :-) Have you noted any obvious bugs or crashes? (...) I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. If you use (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Thanks Willy - your INI file will make my game a LOT easier to build. :-) (...) Yes, I'll have to upload a pic of the model vs the original in a week or 2, when it's done. Gabriel (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, James Reynolds, nominate Andrew Allan (eligible as author of Mac Brick Software). (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) hi james, I've already nominated Allen Smith (URL) free to nominate Andrew Allan (eligible as author of Mac Brick Software). nomination is still open, but hurry up 'cos it will close tomorrow. w. (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) hi anders, I gave it try for a specific project I'm currently working on and where I have to actually modify the figures (beside the rounding and a general clean up) and it works fine! have you worked on the prog in the meantime and a stable (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) all! and some extra parts you wouldn't count into minifig parts at first sight like the 2x2x2 slopes. unfortunately you cannot generate any skeletons or battle druids 'cos the arms are hard coded. no drop down box for these two: (4 URLs) mr. (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I don't know if I'm eligible either. I haven't authored LDraw parts. The only app I've authored is L3P Launcher ((URL) Smith or Andrew Allen might be more eligible than me as app authors. Can I nominate them? I'm going to have to decline (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: "seeking help for freeware PC game"

(...) Yes, if you are not familiar with the original "Operation Wolf", it is a 2D game. And so will be my remake. OpWolf is a late-80's arcade classic.. www.klov.com/game_de...me_id=8927 (...) A couple of people, (Danny Staple in particular) have (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Virtual BrikWars?

(...) it's too much out of my areas. Your project reminds me a little of the Lego environment and cars I made in another computer game, I think it was Micro Machines. (...) I assume that you are doing this for a 2d game, or else you'll need the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Error in the COLOUR meta command specification?

Hi, I've just found out that there is an error in the specification. The point effected is the EDGE value. According to the specification it should be either a color code or an RGB value. Further on the specifications says an RGB value always has to (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) You're welcome. It's not my site, though, it's Willy Tschager's. I don't think his name shows up anywhere on the site, though, for some reason. --Travis (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Thanks for the tip Travis, I'd already seen that on your site, but as my MLCad directory doesn't HAVE an "ini file", I presumed that it didn't use one. [*Gabriel goes and tries it out] OH THANKYOU TRAVIS!!!!!! Now I can make minifigs, holding (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Old Dithered Colors

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@sbcglobal.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:J2B4o1.AwD@lugnet.com... (...) Great then I will follow this way! Thank you all! Michael (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) You can get an updated MLCad.ini file that should support most (all?) of the official minifig parts from here: (URL) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Hmm, I'm not sure I want to re-learn my "cadding" on a new program, but I'll google "leoCAD" and have a look. (...) Actually, MLCad has a minifig generator, which I've been using. It doesn't have all the options as far as different heads, (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Old Dithered Colors

(...) Sorry, when I read your first message, I thought you meant MLCad would no longer support the predefined colors 256-511. Using derived values instead of literally dithering is just fine, I agree. Steve (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old Dithered Colors

(...) I agree with this, if you mean that the program should calculate the "average" color of the two dithered components. (And this is what LDView has done all along.) (...) I don't understand why you need to perform any color space conversion. If (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old Dithered Colors

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:J2B0n8.4IB@lugnet.com... (...) That was what I was thinking of. I still will support the color codes as such, but I think that I will stop support for defining dithered colors. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old Dithered Colors

(...) I don't see the point in dithering any more either. It slows things down and was meant to simulate colours in the days before 24bit colour was ubiquitous. I would prefer you to just average the two colours (in RGB or CMY). Tim (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old Dithered Colors

(...) I definitely think MLCad should continue to recognize the color numbers. When I wrote LDView, I decided not to dither the colors, and just calculate the final color. I really think this is the best way to go (at least if the display is true (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old Dithered Colors

I still believe that a program must not support the dithering as such. In principle we could create a new color by mixing the two colors together. The reason I'm asking is, that without mixing I could make the rendering engine a bit faster, and also (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old Dithered Colors

(...) Awesome! (...) The underlying assumption that any 'undefined' color code between 256 and 511 should be rendered as a dithered color is still valid. Dithering is a 'default' behavior, and should be used if no other definition exists for a (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Old Dithered Colors

Hi, I've found a litte spare time to work on MLCad again. The first thing I wanted to do is to implement reading the ldconfig.ldr file. With the color meta commands to read I realised that there is a little mismatch with what MLCad internally (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) What it also means is that if you need to tweak something and re-render, you cant kick of LPub and then leave it rendering with little interaction. Being able to save LPub settings is very handy here... (...) Yes, the lack of undo is a bit (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Comment for Admin flag on Parts Tracker

(...) This has been discussed before, at least between Chris and I. Basically, checking the box would generate an email to us admins, and we'd address the issue from there. But I think it would be better to have a checkbox which is wholly separate (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Thank you Travis, I feel honored by this nomination but I'm going to decline for this year. Webmastering LDraw.org as long as Orion is "redoctobering" and the SteerCo keep me busy and there is already an excellent bunch of candidates who have (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Comment for Admin flag on Parts Tracker

Would it be useful to add a check-box to the Parts Tracker review page to indicate if the comment indicates need for Admin intervention. eg "Certify - Looking good!" wouldn't have the flag set, but "Certify - please add spaces before the dimensions" (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) > It allows you to configure stuff like (...) Yes, had a good play with Lpub last night. Will use your tip re lowest quality for quick renders :-) (...) I will look into the step system, thanks. Saves me manually "save/render" over & over. I (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, Travis Cobbs, nominate James Reynolds. I'm don't know if he's eligible unless 4 other people eligible to be LSC members or 2 current LSC members agree. James can correct me if I'm wrong about him qualifying in the other categories. --Travis Cobbs (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Kevin Clague, eligible as author of LPub. --Travis Cobbs (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Willy Tschager, eligible as author of numerous official parts. --Travis Cobbs (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Don Heyse, eligible as author of LdGLite. --Travis Cobbs (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Michael Lachmann, eligible as author of MLCAD. --Travis Cobbs (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Lars C. Hassing, eligible as author of L3P and L3Lab. --Travis Cobbs (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I, Travis Cobbs, accept this nomination. Thanks Willy. --Travis (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw SteerCo: Policy update when fixing others parts

(...) Great idea! Would it be possible to split the PT held list into two - those parts Held less than 3 months and those parts Held great than 3 months (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Part 52045 - Tipper Bucket 32 x 16 x 10 2/3

Hi all, Just curious: has anyone made an attempt in creating the big Tipper Bucket 32 x 16 x 10 2/3 from the famous Dumptruck set 7344? Jaco (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) In terms of "showing someone how to build your model", you would still normally have to put in the work to show what the steps were. All LPub does is provide a point/click workflow for getting it all rendered out into a directory full of image (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Ahh, I had read about LPub, but I thought it was just for showing someone else how to build your model step-by-step? Will download it now, as "X does the Gruntwork for you" is a very good feature for me! Yes, downloaded LGEO as I saw the (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Thanks, Willy. I, Guy Vivan, accept this nomination. (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) Victory! I used this method to get the stone colors, and everything is turning out right. In conclusion, here are the three stone hex numbers: Dark Stone Gray: 0x02635F61 Medium Stone Gray: 0x02A3A2A4 Light Stone Gray: 0x02E5E4DE I've been (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) That's correct. The "next version" of L3P will support it, as far as I know, but it's impossible to say when that will be out. LDView does support it, and LDGLite might. However, the current L3P does support 12-bit dithered colors 24-bit color (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Excellent. I use that to present stuff occasionally too. Its not bad at all. Have you considered using LPub, which can do the gruntwork for you? Also, using LGEO which can make things look a bit nicer, and MEGAPov which gives the Lego a more (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Danny, thanks for the reply. I have just discovered the Lcad->MLcad->l3p->povray method, and though I've only done the first 2 steps, I can see (having seen some nice POV renders on websites) the quality that can be achieved. As for your (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) I'm pretty certain l3p doesn't recognise bley (or ldconfig.ldr) unfortunately. Tim (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Hi there Gabriel, This sounds very cool. I am not sure I can help you with provision of sprites, but have you thought of using a script to convert LDraw models to simpler meshes (with textures), and then animating those. I know you are going (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) MLCad doesn't currently use ldconfig.ldr but other apps should (l3p, ldview, etc..) Specifying the number they recognise should be enough. (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations - 1 week left

(...) just a reminder that nominations will close in a week. it's a bit more relaxing for nominees, which have to accept or decline the nomination within July 20. w. (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw SteerCo: Policy update when fixing others parts

Hi folks, the LDraw Steering Committee has agreed upon an update (with a spot on held files) of the current policy when fixing other peoples parts. Therefore the new general guideline on this topic are: For new parts (not fixes), you should always (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Anyone working on x480?

Thank you! Leg Godt -Sven (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using Blender to animate Ldraw models

W00T another Blenderhead! :) I've tried to make an animation out of one of Tim Gould's mechs, with minimal sucess. However, it seems easier to seperate the object to be animated into the various parts that are going to move, and parent those to the (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using Blender to animate Ldraw models

(...) There is a link from the first page you gave us that goes here : (URL) is a blendldraw.zip file which looks like it's got import and export scripts in python. I didn't actually try them, but I'm guessing they are the real deal : ) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Anyone working on x480?  [DAT]

(...) I don't have that part, but I made a crude mockup watching the picture at Peeron. Will this do? 0 Technic Gear 8 Tooth Timing Wheel (Mock-up) 0 Name: x480.dat 0 Author: Tore Eriksson 0 Unofficial Part 0 // PLEASE NOTE: Part number will likely (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) I downloaded the ldconfig.ldr file and replaced mine in case it was outdated. There are two colors in the file that look like what I need: 0 !COLOUR Stone_Gray CODE 71 VALUE #A3A2A4 EDGE 0 0 !COLOUR Dark_Stone_Gray CODE 72 VALUE #635F61 EDGE 0 (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Anyone working on x480?

Hi, for my new MLCAD project I need the part x480: (URL) I can't find it at ldraw.org. Is anyone working on this part or is it available somewhere in the internet? Thank you- Sven (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) In your LDraw install directory (usually C:\LDraw), there should be a file of color definitions, ldconfig.ldr. You can also find it at (URL). This file includes RGB values for colors, that might work better than the values on the colorguide (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) I found this link just yesterday or the day before, and I was glad to see that the three stone colors were on it. Now I have the RGB values, although the RGB for Dark Stone Grey doesn't seem to work too well. (...) Light stone grey seems to be (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Thanks, Willy. I, Philippe Hurbain, accept this nomination. Philo (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) That sure is the truth! POV was rendering one of the stone gray colors as green. Thanks for the tip, Tim. - David (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) It will teach me (well it should, probably won't) to not post when I am still half asleep. Tim (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) you're correct. nominations for the LSC don't need to be second. the only requirement is the nominee meets eligibility. w. (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) Hi David, As far as I can work out, MLCad does not currently support the colours defined in ldconfig.ldr. It doesn't seem to work for me anyway. But you can define custom colours in your models, using the colour dialog you get by clicking (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Thanks Willy, I accept this nomination. ROSCO (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) But apparently I don't need to ;) Tim (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I, Tim Gould, second this nomination. (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) Hi David, The only way I've found is to use some other colours for them and then remap the colour definitions in POVray. l3p doesn't like the colours and converts them completely wrong. Tim (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  2006 LSC: Candidates - a summary

Hi folks, I have put together a summary of the LDraw Standard Committee (LSC) candidates for your reference. I’ll do my best to keep it up to date as new nominations or acceptances are coming in. You can find it at: (URL) are listed in alphabetic (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  RE: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, William Howard, accept this nomination -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Willy Tschager Sent: 06 July 2006 08:45 To: lugnet.cad.dev.org.l...lugnet.com Subject: Re: 2006 LSC: (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, Willy Tschager, nominate William Howard (eligible as part author and reviewer). (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 2006 LSC: Call for Nominations

I, Willy Tschager, nominate Philippe Hurbain (eligible as part author and reviewer). (18 years ago, 6-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact