 CAD / *31325 (-100)
  Re: Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...

(...) Thanks Michael. Is the list of points sorted? How do you sort it? Hashcode? Octree? Regards, Damien (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...

Ok since a lot of you are asking me to provide more details about MLCad's rendering technic I'll go and tell you some details about it: During the development of MLCad I went through several stages trying to make rendering faster, some of them with (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Thank you for the nomination. I accept. Michael (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New Primitive Class

(...) This topic still needs some approval before we nac move it to finalization. We have been discussing torii(toruses) where the tube radius is equal or greater than the major radius. This only works for the outside sections since the inside (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Torus Primitives on the Part Tracker

Hello, I have been updating some of the torus primitve files to use quads, and conditional lines instead of cylinder primitves. I have had too many problems getting the cylinder files to show without gaps. I have a new tool that can generate any (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Wow thanks. I inserted the little version thing and it worked! Im going to try a few more files tonite to make sure its not a fluke, then ill close up this thread. Thanks -Spencer (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Here it is-a deep link (URL) There are 3 tabs at the top, are you trying to run colors.inc? or the (...) Im running desk-doesnt work, but when i try to run it the colors.inc pops up and gives me the error (...) Once again here it is: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BFC in MLCad

(...) Hey, that's right, please do tell. After all you did promise to tell us eventually. (URL) was under the impression that the method was already revealed, but all I could find when I searched was a guess. (URL) looks like a pretty good guess, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) Heh, I already borrowed the idea of narrowing the search as you type from ldlist. I also already added drag and drop support from ldlist. But I need a better screen shot to show that in action. (URL) now that I think about it, I should (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) LDList makes a partlist of it's own, and saves the keywords too. You can search for a part by AND-ing separate words, or exact quote. (URL) (Both .exe and Delphi source) You're free to use any ideas you can get from it. -- Anders Isaksson, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC in MLCad

(...) Even if it were active you should not be able to *see* any difference on the screen, but a drawing should happen faster. (...) L3Lab has supported it since April 2000, and still does. (...) Interesting, do you mind sharing the ideas of your (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: BFC in MLCad

(...) Here's what I dug up, it hasn't made it to the server yet because I don't recall being presented with a final version to post. (URL) this helps! -Tim (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: BFC in MLCad

Hi Jaco, "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HHEyG3.LoB@lugnet.com... (...) Hmm there is a specification about this feature somewhere on ldraw.org or on this server. Maybe Tim Courtney has the link somewhere or if you (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Ok, I can see the picture you posted now, but I do not see the error message. There are 3 tabs at the top, are you trying to run colors.inc? or the Desk-dosen't work.pov? To see the error message window, go to the pull down menus. Select (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) No it is NOT a deep link. Deep links provide the *ACTUAL* file name at the end of the url. Here is an example. This link will get you to the folder with all the images. (URL) how it has a number at the end of it) This link IS A DEEP LINK to a (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) thats odd. Its a deep link. I guess all i can do is wait for it to be modded and ask everyone to be patient :) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Please check the settings at Brickshelf. I get this reply to your link; "This file is not yet public " Paul (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

I reinstalled POV-RAY, and all the files that worked before still work. However, now i get this error: (URL) at a loss. Id really appreciate some help to get this working. E-mail me if you need any details on my system or what files im trying to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Proposed solution for mirrored parts and studs

(...) I'll look into that. I thought it would be easier to reference the other file, but thinking about it again, I guess I should be able to multiply the mirror matrix by the stud matrix to get the correct final matrix anyway. (Or would that be (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Proposed solution for mirrored parts and studs

(...) As you write below you can open ANY file. If no studs are mirrored, then no action takes place. (...) In stead of referencing studmirr.dat, why not simply use a mirrored reference to stud.dat? (...) No, same code. (...) Right. (...) If all (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Hmmm..tried that. It starts going thru the list on the bottom of the screen, then the colors.inc tab comes up and the error message appears. I tried to close colors again, but it always pops up when i try to render the file. -Spencer (who is (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Close the file 'colors.inc' and try rendering the 'futurecar.pov' file instead. (see the tabs at the top of the screen?) HTH Allister (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a

(...) Works for me. -Tim (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

In lugnet.cad.ray, Ahui Herrera wrote: SNIP (...) The LDraw site. (...) I finally got it to work, rendering car.dat and pyramid.dat with no problem. Now, however, i get this message: (URL) i try to do this file: (URL) not a deep link so plz wait for (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Proposed solution for mirrored parts and studs

It's obvious that there is a lot of interest in the problem of mirrored studs, based on the volume of traffic in the ongoing thread. I have a proposed solution to the problem. My proposal is the creation of a small tool that automatically fixes a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) Actually, I looked a bit further in the mklist.c code and it will READ up to 200 chars of part description, but then it truncates down to 64 chars before writing the part file. Apparently this is to be compatible with the old MAKELIST.EXE and (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Ouch--painful use of Dave! Oh, well. I knew my solution wasn't perfect, but it solved the immediate problem (while admittedly creating others). I'll still probably use it in my blasphemous clone.dats, if it's all the same to you folks. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Yes. But I'm not as willing as you are to see files changed, I guess (...) I think mirrored is more of a concern than misrotated, but that's just me. Would this meta work though? In other words, are there any parts that have studs *with logos* (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse wrote: <snip> (...) The PT currently limits you to, I think, 64 characters in the part name. I don't know wht this limit is imposed. I just test LEDIT with a long name and it didn't care. --Orion (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) Right now it seems to be listed on the parts tracker as "Bar 1.5L with Handle and Female Stud". I just added a PARTS.LST search capability to ldglite: (URL) there's nothing in that name that would help me narrow the search to find the part. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) A fair point, but how often would that happen, realistically? Enough to be a problem? Even if one or two parts eventually turn up like that, why would the whole system have to be jettisoned for those few exceptions? (...) I'm not sure that (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) You have to think to the non native english speaking people. So words have mostly both meanings. The UK and the US one. (...) A lot of parts wouldn't be find in the library if the names has such a name. CU Bernd (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Thank you for the nomination. I accept. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Thanks to all the parts developers

(...) I want to join to the thanks... As I have done a few (easy) parts, I know how tedious it can be... And thanks to the hawk-eyed part reviewers, who help to keep standards high ! Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Thanks to all the parts developers

(...) I would like to do so as well. It sounds like a lot of work. -Mike (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a

(...) I agree with Dan that all usable programs that involve non-trivial (read simple text editors) manipulation of DAT Code should qualify --Orion (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I second and would like to add -- Travis Cobbs -- Tore Eriksson w. (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a

(...) I'm not sure. While it's important, it should only rarly drive decisions on the file format. The whole reason you have end user programs is to make dealing with the dats easier. $0.02 Dan (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a

Quoting Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com>: (...) I agree - Current rules say I qualifiy, and Steve will tell you, getting me to review is like pulling teeth! :) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a

(...) Yes, it makes sense. I think given this point it's best to keep it to people who have reviewed in the last two updates - what does everyone else think? (...) I'd be inclined to say end user, because they're designing for 'dumb' (or 'dumber') (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a

(...) ... (...) Since the requirement says we want "active contributors", should this be clarified to say "5 reviews in each of the last two updates"? I don't think that I qualify to be on the LSC, just because I reviewed 20 files back in early (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) I'd really rather not. (...) Definitely agree with you there. (...) Argh. This has got to stop. Please, people! The Parts Tracker is not a discussion blog. Don't use it for conversations! (...) I'm not sure where that idea came from. (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I accept. (...) I'll second these two, and everyone else who's been nominated so far. :) Steve (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Yeah, the compartmentalized among us were asking I post LSC stuff in cad.dev.org.ldraw :-) (...) Consider it withdrawn. My mistake for not thinking ahead :-) I'd like to add a nomination for Larry Pieniazek - he was also involved in sorta the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Now accepting submissions for the Brickfest LDraw Image Gallery

I am now accepting submissions for the Brickfest LDraw Image Gallery. The LDraw gallery is intended to showcase the efforts of various people in the Lego cad community. It will also give people who may not be familiar with LDraw a chance to see (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad) !

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

I would like to nominate: Michael Lachmann and Bernd Broich Paul (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Thanks, I will accept. Paul (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Tim: I was wondering what was happening to LSC effort, and here I discover there was yet another newsgroup that I should have been subscribed to. I'll spend later tonight catching up on what I've missed. With regards to the LSC nomination, as (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Thanks to all the parts developers

(...) Of course I join to part authors praising. Part authors can't be praised enough, especially as new parts quality is so much high. And of course we want Willy Tschager's space parts to be certified and released as soon as possible. Damien (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Spencer look at the 1st link on this webpage for an overview of how LDraw and POV-Ray interact. (URL) online tutorials are you refering to? The ones on the ldraw site or the POV-Ray site? Have you read Conversion 101 found here: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) After thinking about it for a while, I totally agree. If anyone wants to make perfect rendering with stud logos lined up correctly (how often does this occur?), I assume this person must have the knowledge to inline that part locally at (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Correct. There's no way to know if they actually face the right direction, so I just figured that horizontal mirroring was more likely to be correct than vertical (although I could be wrong). (...) You can, but my code that decides which (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  BFC in MLCad

Hi all, Since I am translating (and re-writing) the helpfiles of MLCad in Dutch, I would like some more explaination on BFC. What does the option Use BFC Statements do in MLCad? Settings > General > Change... Tab Rendering and only available when (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Actually that does help a bit. It looks like you aren't concerned with whether the logo faces the same direction as on the actual part, you're just ensuring that it's readable. That makes me feel better about my solution. By the way, why do (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Thanks to all the parts developers

(...) thx to you kevin for makin' pov-rendering a piece of cake. toying around with all this cryptic pov-code was never easier. w. (waiting to see his space parts certified, especially the crater plate - reviewers please!) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) I don't actually do any transformations in LDView to get the logos right. I just detect the mirroring (by tracking negative determinants and flipping the mirrored bit every time I see one) and modify my texture coordinates to un-mirror (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I also nominate: Paul Easter -Orion (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) One of the first things you need is a program like l3p, to convert the .dat files into .pov files. Programs like these can be found on the ldraw site at: (URL) L3p will give you enough of a file that yu can do a decent rendering. Should you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Yeah, I did a search for determinant and found your note. I tried the on-the-fly fix in ldglite with the L3 structs and it seems to work, although I'm not sure I'm applying the fix correctly. Is it really as simple as multiplying some matrix (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Thanks. I accept - Chris (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Just in case volunteering isn't sufficient: I nominate: - Orion Pobursky - Kevin Clague Presumably their having volunteered counts as accepting their nominations. :-) --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I second. (...) And accept. Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) We definitely don't want to do this. It's unnecessary, because the sign of the determinant in the matrix specifying the sub-part tells you whether the sub-part is mirrored. The above might allow the program to do less math, but that's not an (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Yes. That's what LDView does. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Nominees - Please Accept or Decline Nomination (was Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations)

Nominees - I forgot to add in the original post, please accept or decline your nomination in this thread as well. -Tim (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) Whoops - brain fart - I am not sure Wayne meets the requirements. I'll ask him. -Tim (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

I nominate: - Wayne Gramlich - Paul Gyugyi - Lars Hassing -Tim (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

Quoting Dan Boger <dan@peeron.com>: (...) I second. (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) I want to reopen this discussion for two reasons. 1) We are having a "discussion" on parts tracker about this part. That's the wrong way to do things, in my view. I placed a hold, the current author responded with counter arguments and we now (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  I need help with pov-ray

I would like step-by-step instructions on the software necessary to render mlcad creations in pov-ray. I have already tried to do everything by the online tutorials, but so far i have wasted 3 hours without being able to do the file conversions. It (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

I nominate: - Steve Bliss - Chris Dee - Jacob Sparre Andersen (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Umm, my math is really rusty. Can the sign of the determinant also be used to detect mirroring? That could be handy. Don (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Thanks to all the parts developers

I just wanted to say thanks to Steve, Chris and all else that are involved with the developent, review and approval of the parts in the parts library. Programs can come and go, but without the parts library we'd have nothing. I think that the parts (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Wait a minute. Doesn't L3Input.cpp build a threaded tree structure before outputting a single POV part? I would think you could traverse the array Parts[0...nParts] and look for toplevel parts from the PARTS directory. Then for each toplevel (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

(...) I was going to nominate Orion, but he beat me to it. I volunteer. (...) Kevin Clague (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) My view is that there is nothing _serious_ wrong, but that a fix should be welcome. Anyway. Since we are only talking about studs, the rendering programs _could_ simply remember to fix any mirrored studs (can be done by multiplying the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) My only concern about letting the rendering programs do this is "how they know which way to orientate the logo". Coding this within the .dat file (either with a correctly orientated stud.dat or with metadata) is preferable to storing this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 1st LSC: Call for Nominations

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote: <snip> Well I volunteered before, so I volunteer now. --Orion Pobursky (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) And mine as well. If LDView can correct for this then so can any other program. The stud logos are a bonus feature offered by many programs but are not officailly supported by the LDraw spec. (...) This further supports my position on this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

Just for kicks and grins.(not!) I'll throw in my $1.25 (...) This may have resurfaced because of the studs with logo files on my webpage. It was a quick thought I came up with a couple years ago. I guess I should remove them and any references to (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  1st LSC: Call for Nominations

All - Now is the time for the call for nominations for the first LSC. If you're not familiar with the LSC, please read the latest proposal: (URL) [1] The way I am reading things at this point, we don't need a formal nomination structure this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) That is my opinion. The programs should be changed, rather than the parts. One thing to consider: even if we 'fix' all the part files so that all studs render non-mirrored logos, mirrored logos can still occur. For example, if someone created (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs  [DAT]

(...) **snip** (...) Ah, the perennial question. During a past discussion of this very topic I offered what I thought to be a semi-workable option similar to #2 above, which I reiterate in the interest of further stirring the pot: We could redo the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) LDView does not have a problem with mirrored studs. (...) Right! See my posting (URL) Cobbs also explains it well in (URL) 2.) The part itself is flawed in that the studs are mirrored. We should redo (...) Though I acknowledge that L3P should (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) I'm not going to comment on the actual question, but I want to make it clear that LDView should NOT display the logo mirrored, ever. It automatically detects that the stud has been mirrored, and mirrors the logo back to its correct (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Good summation. My preference is 1... a sufficiently clever convertor could perhaps detect this rotation and use rotated versions of the studs that it substitutes somehow in a preprocess step??? If there is a way to do 2 (perhaps with a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

(...) Thats what i did with the re-upload of some files from the 2865.dat & 32087.dat parts (9V straight track, 9V track cross ) and the recently posted 2867.dat (9V Curved track). I moved the studs from the subparts to the main file. With the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs

I am generally against new meta-commands, but inspired by "0 BFD INVERTNEXT", how about something like "0 MIRRORING KEEPPOSITIVENEXT". The more accurate syntax, I leave to the gurus... /Tore (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mirrored parts and studs  [DAT]

(...) I favour the following scenario - put the part detail in a subpart, but the studs themselves in the main part files. s\xxxxs01.dat bulk of part excluding decorated surfaces and studs (handedness of lowest numbered part) xxxx.dat 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HHBnzC.uH@lugnet.com... (...) suggested (...) Sorry, I have never used it, just read about it. It is supposed to place a light at exactly at the spot where you put that piece (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Can anyone help by suggesting some lighting tips?

(...) First off... let me say again, a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. Due to input from each of you I feel as though I've been able to make good progress in the direction of the types of renders I hope to achieve for (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Mirrored parts and studs

There is somewhat of a disagreeance going on over at the PT about mirrored parts and I thought I'd bring it to the whole community to discuss. Here's a little background for the non initiated: In order to same time and DAT code if a part has a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  formatting errors in FTX?? (wa Re: LSC Proposal 0.99a

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote: I like this draft a lot however there seem to be some word lossages here and there... the tail end of some phrases are missing, and I think it may be due to the FTX formatting??? for example: On the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

(...) Chris, I think the LGEO parts are worth the effort, which is now pretty minimal -- downloading the LGEO library (two files: the 'complete' library through update 14, and update 15, at (URL)), setting the LGEODIR environment variable, and (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDraw to BAP

(...) Ooops. I forgot the url: (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw to BAP

I've updated my LDraw to Building Architect Plus page with more in-depth instructions on how to pull the conversion off. The instructions mostly deal with how to properly edit the POVray files to get them up to Maxis's specs :P -Mike (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LEGO-themed PC game (not official)

(...) Sounds like you're going to be taking some legal risks no matter what you do, since LEGO has form patents on the minifig itself (as well as most of the weapons), if you have anything that "looks like" a minifig in the game, you're stepping on (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LSC Proposal 0.99a

This is a re-post of the LSC proposal 0.99 with two changes: I removed the stipulation under 'voting' about the ad-hoc committee per (URL) this thread>. I changed the dates for voting from one day (July 20) to five days, July 17-22. This covers both (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  New LEGO-themed PC game (not official)

This is my first post to the LUGNET newsgroups after having joined LUGNET this month. It's actually one of the reasons I joined in the first place -- to get comments, suggestions, and even volunteers about this game from LUGNET members. So, here it (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.cad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact