 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1857
Re: I need help with pov-ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:38:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Spencer Nowak wrote:
I would like step-by-step instructions on the software necessary to render mlcad
creations in pov-ray.  I have already tried to do everything by the online
tutorials, but so far i have wasted 3 hours without being able to do the file
conversions.  It would be great if someone here could take me thru the process
of installing the necessary software step-by-step.  I would also need links to
where to download the software. I have the newest versions of mlcad and pov-ray,
but nothing else. Thanks so much.

One of the first things you need is a program like l3p, to convert the .dat
files into .pov files.  Programs like these can be found on the ldraw site at:
http://www.ldraw.org/download/win/.  L3p will give you enough of a file that yu
can do a decent rendering.  Should you need more help feel free to email me.