 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1859
Re: I need help with pov-ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 22:27:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Spencer Nowak wrote:
I would like step-by-step instructions on the software necessary to render mlcad
creations in pov-ray.  I have already tried to do everything by the online
tutorials, but so far i have wasted 3 hours without being able to do the file
conversions.  It would be great if someone here could take me thru the process
of installing the necessary software step-by-step.  I would also need links to
where to download the software. I have the newest versions of mlcad and pov-ray,
but nothing else. Thanks so much.

Spencer look at the 1st link on this webpage for an overview of how LDraw and
POV-Ray interact.

http://www.ozbricks.com/jediagh/a_ldraw/ldraw.htm

What online tutorials are you refering to?  The ones on the ldraw site or the
POV-Ray site?

Have you read Conversion 101 found here:
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/tutorials/conversion/101/

And Rendering 101 found here:
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/tutorials/rendering/101/

-AHui