 CAD / MLCad / 1719
Re: BFC in MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 08:06:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
I cannot see any difference when I select the option.

Yep, exactly. It should never be active anymore.

Even if it were active you should not be able to *see* any difference
on the screen, but a drawing should happen faster.

This BFC stands for Back Face Culling, and I guess two years ago I've tried
using this. A lot of people actually hopped in and startet certifying the
parts. Today several parts are certified, but so far I know no software is
supporting it anymore.

L3Lab has supported it since April 2000, and still does.

For me I've introduced a totaly new rendering mechanism this time, which
speed up MLCad a lot more - much more than BFC could ever do.

Interesting, do you mind sharing the ideas of your new mechanism ?
/Lars