 Announcements / 704
Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com
Newsgroups:
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 00:07:03 GMT

* URLs (specifically, 'www.' becoming 'news.')

* Category display on main page -- space-wasting logo is disappearing from
  main page display at news.lugnet.com

* Search box at the top of pages

* Icon changes at top of pages

--Todd

Message has 3 Replies:
  Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com

Unfortunately, due to viral infection by a KAK worm virus recently, I've been forced to limit IE5 with the updated versions for two of the scripting tools which were previously marked as 'safe for scripting' but aren't automatically run by IE5 any (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)
  Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com

(...) The only change that I really don't like is the search dialog. I liked the separate ones better. I now have to make an extra 2 clicks to look something up. That's unfortunate since I was delighted when you put the search facility on the main (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)
  Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) IMHO, I prefer the layout at (URL) compared to this new creation. Are you planning on implementing that in the future? I hope so because a new look would go well with major changes. Jude M (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)