 Administrative / General / 7303
Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 20:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Martin writes:
Hmm, IIRC, someone else once mentioned something like that -- under MSIE,
yes?  Perhaps I'm launching the windows wrong.  It's using TARGET="_blank",
which I changed from originally TARGET="_new" at someone's technical
advisory.

Yes, under MSIE

I forgot to ask -- which version of MSIE are you running and which version of
the Windows operating environment (or are you running NT or W2K with this)?

What I wanted to do is leave the quickset window running all the time.

That's the way it's supposed to work, ya.

What happened was that when ever that was the only browser running, an app
that wanted to display some html would steal it.  For instance clicking on
something in RealPlayer or ICQ.

Bee-zare!  OK.  Can you try something else?  Do you have Netscape Navigator?
If so, what happens under your OS installation when you launch QuickSet with
Netscape?  Same thing, or does it work OK there?  (Trying to rule out the OS
as the possible problem -- I doubt it is, but it's something to rule out.)

--Todd