 Administrative / General / 7291
Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:36:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Martin writes:
The only change that I really don't like is the search dialog.  I liked
the separate ones better.  I now have to make an extra 2 clicks to look
something up.  That's unfortunate since I was delighted when you put the
search facility on the main page.  I do like the location at the top better
however.

Do you look up sets often?  If so, how does this utility work for you?

http://www.lugnet.com/quickset/

I think I wouldn't mind if the default place to search was the set catalog.
I know that I search that about 100 times more often than I do the news
groups.

I don't know what to say -- before, the set search was only available from the
homepage and the DB entry page, now it's available from every page via the
drop-down list.  Maybe the list-default selection should be customizable...?

--Todd

Todd,

I tried quickset, but other applications kept stealing the browser window it
ran in.  It just wasn't as convienent for me as being on LUGNET's main page.
I think a better implementation would have to be platform specific (an
application running in the tool tray under Windows for instance).

The making default list selection customizable would be great.  I think I like
that idea best.

Steve