 Administrative / General / 7299
Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:08:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Martin writes:

I think I wouldn't mind if the default place to search was the set catalog.
I know that I search that about 100 times more often than I do the news
groups.

I don't know what to say -- before, the set search was only available from • the
homepage and the DB entry page, now it's available from every page via the
drop-down list.  Maybe the list-default selection should be customizable...?

It seems like there could be room up there in the blue bar for multiple search
boxes on every screen.  Is that room slated for something else?  Why not have
boxes for set, parts, and news and a single radio button for current
window/popup?

I'm not sure I like the double homepage idea. However, that aside, the search
boxes would look better if the were the same with and aligned.

Also, Is the search box change suppposed to be universal right now?  On the
page where I'm typing this in, the box at the top is the old one.

As is mine.

Scott A

Chris