 Administrative / General / 7302
Re: Web interface to LUGNET news moving from www.lugnet.com to news.lugnet.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 19:59:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I'm not sure I like the double homepage idea.

Don't worry -- the duality is temporary -- the www.lugnet.com homepage will be
changing.

However, that aside, the search boxes would look better if the were the same
with and aligned.

Ya, I know what you mean -- I wish there were a way in HTML to specify the
widths (and heights) in pixels or points.  Every browser displays them a bit
differently.  Even Netscape and MSIE on Windows display them differently even
though they both use common dialog box controls -- they use different fonts.
Probably it should be tweaked to look best with MSIE5/Windows since that's
most people are using today.

--Todd