 Announcements / 3406 (-100)
  LEGOLAND Kansas City Revised

LEGOLAND Kansas City is not dead yet, they are currently talking with Lee's Summit on the Missouri side of the line. Lee's Summit is a growing section of Kansas City with excellent access from all areas of the Kansas City Area, besides it's 20 (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-07, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Lego Pencil

Greetings All, Check out my latest little creation, The Lego Pencil... (URL) lead or point is a black screwdriver for those of you wondering. I looked around but couldn't find anything similar, what do you think? Cheers, Braith. (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.au) !

  LEGO CD Revisited....

Folks, Thanks for the response for the LEGO CD. For those of you who still haven't ordered a copy, there are 3 new chapters now available to view on my website: (URL) are: Chapter 1 - The LEGO Timeline. Chapter 19 - LEGO Homemaker Sets & LEGO Sets (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) This really pretty big news and seems to have not got much press around here. I stumbed across a link to this site being advertised on BrickShelf: (2 URLs) For those who like K'nex or thought it may have possibilities in the Lego world, now (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Some announcements :-)

Hi all, BrickJournal is progressing toward release of Issue 6. Layouts are being sent to proof now and followups to articles are going from me this week. The Journal also took a major step in staffing when we got a person to start a European Bureau. (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  When the Kraken Awakes

Hello Legomaniacs! After seeing the Pirates of the Caribbean last summer, I decided to try my hand at a giant Kraken. Not having pirate lego at all, and an over abundance of Vikings, Dwarves and Centaurs, I decided to let it all go wild! Woot! (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  WE HAVE LIFTOFF!

The (URL) Greater Portland LEGO® Railroaders (GPLR)> are not exclusively about LEGO trains... On Thursday, January 11, 2007 GPLR delivered their (URL) 4th LEGO diorama installment> at the (URL) Square LEGO Store (Tigard, Oregon)> "Window Into The (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.or.eug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  The Pirate Glossary

Ahoy! Taking a cue from Larry, Tim, etc. and their (URL) Train Glossary>, I decided to pull this together: (URL) The Pirate (aka Age of Sail) Glossary> I've always been confused by the myriad different terms for ships and their parts. And as I was (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  BrickFest™ PDX 2007 Commemorative Event Kit...

The BrickFest™ PDX 2007 Commemorative Event Kit design is complete! (URL) This unique, one-of-a-kind, limited edition commemorative kit contains 146 elements and retails for $12.00, available to BrickFest™ PDX 2007 attendees only.  It may be (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !!

  Chocdelia and the Chocolate Factory

Hello everyone! Fresh from her debut at a 1000 Stiene event in Frechen, Germany. Here is the 5th Podagon: CHOCODELIA (2 URLs) One day as Chocodelia the Podagon was exploring, she happened upon a Chocolate Factory. “What a perfect spot to rest!” So (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !

  New Contest: Work that Squid!

Hello all, I wanted to announce the first Reasonably Clever contest of 2007 - Work that Squid! (URL) Full contest details at the link above, but here's the gist: Take the recent Bionicle "Squid Ammo" and build something with it. The catch? The squid (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, FTX) !

  French Toy Fair 2007 : pictures !

Hi, FreeLUG members were to the french Toy Fair. We wrote an article (in french) on our website (URL) Among the new sets, we can spotlight : the new electrical system with IR remote control, for the Technic bulldozer and the Creator Dino. The (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.year.2007, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  New LDraw Contest: POTM – Part Of The Month

Hi folks, the LDraw.org Administration Team would like to introduce a new contest. It will be called: POTM – Part Of The Month It is no news that programs get most of the spotlight and little goes to "the unsung heroes of the LDraw CAD world" - this (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad) !

  Train Layout at BrickFest™ PDX 2007 (March 30th-April 1st)

(URL) BrickFest™ PDX 2007 is coming and we would like you aboard. Let me introduce myself. My name is David VinZant - member of GPLR/PNLTC for 8 Years. I have participated in countless shows and events. LEGOLAND, CA. - 2001, and the World Record (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Classic Space Fly-In at BrickFest PDX

This year at BrickFest in Portland we will be doing something a little different. We will attempt to display every single Space set, 1979-1999, Classic through Insectoids, in one giant and beautiful layout. So we need you to bring a few of your (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Sequoia of Secrets

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!! It has been a very busy holiday for me, as I’m sure it has for most of us. Thought I’d share with you-my first building The Sequoia of Secrets! I’ve built it for the Colossal Classic Castle Contest 4. For some (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  FutureBoston Mashup Camp

I'm posting this on behalf of Thomas Piper of MIT. He was at Brickfest last year and was blown away by the experience. The LEGO community seems to be a model for the type of collective work that can be accomplished by passionate users. From the (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce)

  Cheap focal blur tutorial

Hi all, I discovered a really neat trick with POVray and GIMP yesterday that I thought might be of interest to other CADders so I've written the below tutorial. Hope you like it and feel free to ask me questions. Tim Requirements: POVray 3.5 or 3.6 (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New homepage for LUGNET - draft #8

Happy New Year! We had warm discussions about a new homepage for LUGNET last year, and I would like to show the next provisional result, draft #8: (URL) reference, please see also: Initial post by Todd: (URL) by Tim: (URL) discussion: (URL) (latest (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions) !

  BrickFest PDX '07 Registration Open

(2 URLs) BrickFest PDX ’07 Registration is now open! We had a great pre-registration period waiting for the new year to click over and now you can register at (URL). Also the Red Lion hotel at the Convention Center is taking phone reservations for (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  GFLTC at GTE Tampa – Images

Train Fans, The members of the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club had a display the Great Train Expo in Tampa Florida over the New Year’s weekend (December 30-31, 2006). The 18 x 18 ft layout featuring the downtown Tampa skyline with three running (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

Per the LDraw.org Bylaws at (URL) Subsection 6.03(a), the 2006/2007 Steering Committee hereby calls for the community to nominate individuals as candidates for the 2007/2008 Steering Committee[1]. Please post nominations in response to this message. (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's December 2006 Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the December 2006 Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, Tyrrell P34 six wheeler by Luca Rusconi (RoscoPC)> (URL) SOTM, Frauenkirche Dresden by Holger Matthes (HoMa)> The voting for the Januar 2006 Model of (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Additional LEGO CD Chapters to Download

Well the LEGO CD website is still a work in progress, but additional chapters are now available to download. Someone asked about the sets and parts chapters, so there are now 4 things that are available to download.... 1) The Table of Contents 2) (...) (18 years ago, 25-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Get a Sample Downloadable Chapter of the LEGO CD

Even if you don't want to purchase a copy of the LEGO CD, I strongly urge you to get a free sample chapter.... because this is a very interesting chapter.... "CHAPTER 13 - LEGO SETS/PARTS NOT PUT INTO PRODUCTION" (URL) on VIEW A CHAPTER FROM THE CD (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce) !

  A Colored Merry Christmas

(URL) I wish you a Merry Christmas. Special thanks to BS user Maskatron for sharing Santa's sculpture building instructions. Didier Enjary (18 years ago, 22-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  The Brothers Brick has a new home!

Hey All, In order to serve you better, the Brothers Brick (TBB) has moved to its own domain: (URL) most of you already know, TBB is a Lego blog showcasing the finest MOCs from all themes, communities, and genres. All MOCs are posted and reviewed by (...) (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general) !

  New homepage for LUGNET part 4

Hi all, please see former discussion here: (URL) Thanks to all who were contributing ideas and suggestions. So here is -without much fuss- the 6th draft of a new homepage: (URL) Known bugs: Upper header section isn't displayed correctly in some (...) (18 years ago, 21-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX) !

  LEGO CD Mailings....

Hi folks, The LEGO CD's are 2/3 mailed out. I got sidelined with a nasty sinus infections (taking antibiotics), and that slowed me down. The ZMAX (antibiotic) makes me soooo tired. zzz...zzz When the first person gets their LEGO CD, please post (to (...) (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce) !

  Michiana-LTC to display at the RMRC Show - Saturday, January 6

To all, The Michiana LEGO Train Club is pleased to display at the upcoming RMRC Show on Saturday, January 6. Event Details: 10:00AM - 3:30PM CST Address: Home School Building Gym 5625 Burlingame Ave Wyoming, MI 49509 Admission: Adults: $4 12 & (...) (18 years ago, 19-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.announce)

  NXT candid camera

LEGO has posted two short movies of NXT robots playing tricks to people in a toys store... (URL) Don't forget to click on the thumbnail below to watch the second video. Have fun! Philo (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  The eBrick Gallery (TeBAG)

Many of you all know about my passion for art and one of my favourite types of builds are of the more artistic endeavours. For the last number of years I have been book-marking and saving Lego pics to my hard drive that are of that nature. When I (...) (18 years ago, 17-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  Barbarian Prison Wagon

Hey All, Here is a Prison Wagon I built for the CCCIV. Let me know what you think! (URL) (18 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build) !

  The LEGO CD as a book, and other ramblings....

I inquired into making the LEGO CD as a book. All I can say is YIKES!! I checked with www.lulu.com ... a company that specialized in produced books for authors who don't want to go thru a publishing house.... and the price of making the LEGO CD (...) (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Several Save 9v Trains Announcements.

Announcing the LEGO Digital Designer Database at (URL) Many LEGO fans have asked for a place where they can post reviews for LEGO Factory models and find models rated highly by other builders. In response, Save 9V Trains is rolling out its LEGO (...) (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2006

The James Jessiman Memorial Award was established by the Jessiman Family to honor an individual who has contributed to the furthering of LDraw, the DAT format, and James' memory. This year the LDraw.org Steering Committee is please to announce the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Ordering THE UNNOFFICIAL LEGO SETS/PARTS COLLECTORS GUIDE Information for Ordering

Some folks who missed the earlier posts about the LEGO CD.... here's an update.... Since there were extras of the Limited Edition CD's produced, here's the info: Total price (including Air shipping): USA: $28.50 Canada: $29.00 Europe: $31.50 All (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce)

  New homepage for LUGNET part 3

Hi all, Reference: (URL) and: (2 URLs) Thanks to all who were responding to the previous draft, here is another one: (URL) A few comments: --- Ted Michon wrote: I notice that if I have already visited a top 10 item that it's compacted and expands (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX) !!

  LDraw.org's November 2006 Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the November 2006 Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, P-55 Exiled-Class Medium Fighter by Tom Kimsey> (URL) SOTM, Shipwrecked by Philip Heinrich> The voting for the December 2006 Model of the Month and (...) (18 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !

  The Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide

For those of you who have prepayed for the LEGO CD, I appologize profusely for the long wait. I posted over 2 weeks ago that they will be going out soon, but they didn't. Lots of last minute changes, including the addition of another 200 images made (...) (18 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Eric Harshbarger is interviewed

Though my LEGO career has slowed significantly in these past years, someone still found it worth their time to interview me for their "podcast". Currently the top of this webpage: (URL) that the interview was done a month ago, I, at least, enjoyed (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  BrickWorld 07 Train Layout call for participation

Hello Train Heads! I will be heading up the train layout coordination for BrickWorld 2007. I'd like to send a call-out for participation from both clubs and individuals in this display. I understand that this event falls close to the ILTCO NMRA (...) (18 years ago, 11-Dec-06, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  BrickFest PDX '07 Pre-Registration

(3 URLs) BrickFest™ PDX '07 Pre-Registration is now available via the website.> Where: Portland, OR When: March 30th - April 1st 2007 What: An AFOL CONVENTION - for the fans, by the fans, because of the fans! Come join us for the fun at BrickFest (...) (18 years ago, 9-Dec-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Tis The Season-The Gift

(...) < (...) Hello Again :) There has been some requests to see more of 'Gift' so I've got some studio shots-and a .gif showing the TRANSFORM process. (2 URLs) Let me know what you think! Happy Building!! Megan (18 years ago, 6-Dec-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New TCLTC Web Site: LUGNET!

The new home of the TCLTC is....LUGNET! That's right; we've pointed our (URL) www.tcltc.org> domain to (URL) our LUGNET NG page> and are using it for our web site. I have seen other LTCs simply provide a link on their NG page to their web site (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX) !!

  Call for BrickFest Event Graphic

The organizers of BrickFest™ PDX '07 invite the designers and artists of the community to submit graphic ideas/artwork for the Official BrickFest PDX '07 Event Graphic. The selected graphic may be used on items such as event T-shirts, train (...) (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Tis The Season-The Gift

Hi all! Well it’s that time of year- The temperature drops-days get shorter-the stores are a madhouse, and internet gets jammed up with shoppers… Yup The Holidays are here! I guess since my birthday’s coming up next week I’ve got presents on the (...) (18 years ago, 3-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Not really an announcement, but more of a group question

Ebay and Bricklink are good, but here is a question for you to think about. Who really is selling lego sets? Have you ever bought a set and the person had no clue what bricks should be in the set? I have never sold anything on ebay or bricklink, but (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce)

  New homepage for LUGNET part 2

Hi all, References: (2 URLs) I'm pleased to announce a first draft for the new LUGNET homepage. Before visiting the site, please note the following: 1) The site is formatted using CSS. It means, the final page could look totally different than this (...) (18 years ago, 2-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX) !!

  CROCZILLA

Hey fellow builders! Here's my latest, CROCZILLA-had to share him with you all- (URL) There's more to him then meets the eye!! Click the link bellow and see ;) (URL) Oddly not one bit of Technic used to build him, a first for me. Please let me know (...) (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !!

  Noppingen Palace: Water Cascade

Hi all! After almost 18 months and a few exhibitions and events, I'm back into building on (URL) Noppingen Palace>. The palace itself will get a second revision next year, now I'm working on some sceneries as part of the palace's park. As the park (...) (18 years ago, 1-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !

  Thanksgiving turkey centerpiece

Another centerpiece, this time a Thanksgiving turkey: (2 URLs) (after moderation) I built it in three hours the night before Thanksgiving, so it's a bit scrawny and I had to cut some corners. For example, I used an old hinge piece to attach the (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, FTX)

  SCLTC Winter Show Opens

The Southern California LEGO Train club ((URL) SCLTC>) has opened its fifth consecutive annual winter show at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum ((URL) SDMRRM>) in Balboa Park in San Diego. This year's show features two separate displays. The (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !

  LBS Survey for LUGNET

Dear all, I'd like to invite you to a survey about Location Based Services based upon an idea connected to LUGNET. I am writing a paper for the university of Frankfurt about the use of Privacy Enhanching Technologies (PET) and their use in Location (...) (18 years ago, 30-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  MCP - Mecha City Project

The MechaHub has announced the specs for its MCP (Mecha City Project). The idea of the project is to build a large war-torn city to use as a diorama to display Lego Mecha at BrickFest 2007. (Yes we know it hasn't been announced but have faith that (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Your LEGO Dream Set?

(Recently, a thread was posted on 1000steine by my fellow LEGO Ambassadors, Stephan & Volker. Here is a similar thread in English.) Here is the question: What would be your LEGO Dream Set? ===...=== Before you reply, please consider the following: (...) (18 years ago, 26-Nov-06, to lugnet.ambassadors, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  New blog - MicroBricks

Hey all, I've thought about doing this for a while. I'm starting up a new blog as a companion to VignetteBricks. Please visit (URL), a blog highlighting microscale creations. Bruce (18 years ago, 25-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !!

  GMLTC layout in St. Paul, MN in December

The GMLTC has been invited to display our layout at the Jackson Street Roundhouse for the Santa's Workshop event again this year. The dates are Dec. 3, 9, 10, 16 and 17th from 10am to 5pm, possibly Dec. 2nd also. Go to (URL) for event info including (...) (18 years ago, 24-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Miniland scale Napoléon

Hi, One of my colleague (not an AFOL) is a great fan of Napoleon. As he knows about my strange hobby ("laygoz"), he asked me a MOC some months ago. I'm not a great or prolific builder (and I feel good with that) so I took a look at Allan Bedford's (...) (18 years ago, 22-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Clear is in

Some of you may remember the ABC show that showed the clear baseplates. I am sure that a number of people called Lego asking where they could get those clear baseplates. I was able to touch one at LLCA. Now I am happy to say WE HAVE CLEAR (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce)

  NALUG Royal Alberta Museum display

The year 2005 was the centennial for the province of Alberta. So, members of NALUG built several historic structures from the local Edmonton area, to display at the 2005 Great Edmonton Train Show. That show, and the structures, can be seen on our (...) (18 years ago, 18-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  LEGO Set/Parts History CD will be Shipped (late) Next Week

Sorry for the my lateness in getting this out, but the LEGO CD will not be shipped until next Friday (November 23). I had a few unexpected things happen, but all of them are positive.... 1) my long time Lego collector friend Kurt Richter of (...) (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Big LEGO building auctioned at museum benefit

Hi, everyone! I've been pretty busy lately so sorry for the lack of updates. Just yesterday I participated at a black-tie benefit dinner for (URL) The Museum of Arts & Design>, New York. The Museum is moving to a new building on Columbus Circle in (...) (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Large-scale LEGO furniture sculptures

Hi again everyone! Last month I was approached by a Danish furniture company that is coming to the US for the first time ever. They asked me to build some large sculptural models of their furniture pieces, which were shipped over to a trade show and (...) (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  8 foot LEGO Batman building event at FAO Schwarz

Hi everyone! On October 21 and 22, Three LEGO Master Builders came to New York to hold a big building event at FAO Schwarz. (2 URLs) Since they were short-handed, the Master Builders asked if I could help out. Most of the weekend was about getting (...) (18 years ago, 17-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.licensed.batman, FTX)

  Timmy Takeover

(URL) (18 years ago, 15-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  10 years of LEGO on my mind

LEGO on my mind celebrates its 10 years anniversary! (URL) For this occasion, a timeline tour is added to the site. It will take you along the MOCs and other content in chronological order. If you're in a hurry, there's also a brief Highlights tour (...) (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Orléans Model Train Show

Hi, Here follows a short report about FreeLUG participation in Orléans Model Train Show. (Les francophones pourront bientôt lire un compte rendu détaillé en français sur (URL) The show occured in Orléans, France. 8900 visitors came to see various (...) (18 years ago, 14-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.org.fr.freelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  NWBrickCon 2007

NWBrickCon 2007 will be October 4 (load-in), 5, 6, and 7 at the Seattle Center. The rooms used in 2006 have been reserved again and planning is underway. Look for registration information and updates to www.nwbrickcon.org as we get closer to the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Nov-06, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.ca) !!

  The 4th Podagon:Vergirak!

Hello everyone! Well here he is The 4th Podagon:VERGIRAK!! (2 URLs) He’s in a sticky situation, and NOT happy about it. We’ve all been there ;) Feedback would be fantastic! Long Live The Brick!!! Megan (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun, FTX) !!

  New Lego Aqua raiders, Sealab 2021

I guess everyone is starting to get an eyefull of the new Aqua raiders theme, (URL) Check it here> Well, from the very first moment I saw these sets, yes, at Eurobricks. I thought about building Sealab 2021 moc's. I won't post a link here on lugnet (...) (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New LUGMap for LUGNET

Hi All, I'm glad to announce a first major change which is "visible" this time as well. LUGNET now has a brand-new, area-wide World LUG Map, simply called LUGMap. As yet the maps enclose 85 entries! Here are the details and how they work: The LUGMap (...) (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !!

  BFC extension ratified by the LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has ratified the Back Face Culling (BFC) language extension. The de-facto BFC standard was adopted by the LSC as their working draft (see (URL) and we have since been working to clarify and/or remove any (...) (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  SHIP challenge for NWBrickcon 2007

This is an open invitation especially for those who will be attending NWBrickcon 2007. The challenge is to build a SHIP (100 studs or longer/wider) in a Classic Space Lego theme. I would like to see as many themes represented as possible. I have (...) (18 years ago, 7-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests)

  BrickFest PDX '07 Public Announcment

Hi All, The GPLR (Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders) in conjunction with AMH Productions (Christina Hitchcock) is proud to announce BrickFest PDX ’07 to be held March 30th – April 1st, 2007 at the Oregon Convention Center (OCC) in Portland, OR. We (...) (18 years ago, 6-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  New puzzle game: Zeami's Birthday

Zeami's Birthday is a freeware for Windows 98 or superior. In a world of ashes, Zeami struggles to gather pieces of what used to be her past life. The gameplay is essentially a Sokoban-like where you have to assemble lego bricks. Game controls: (...) (18 years ago, 5-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.basic, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming)

  Contributor Agreement License details

Hi all, Well it's been a long time coming but we now have a version of the Contributor Agreement (CA) license and readme to be distributed alongside new versions of the parts library. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !!

  MOTM / SOTM Voting For November Is Now Open

We're pleased to announce that voting for the November 2006 Model of the Month and Scene of the Month Contests is now open. Visit the voting page to cast your vote: (URL) inform me of any errors you may encounter. Note: If you get a error page, try (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  The SEA TRAGON

Hello all! Announcing my 2nd TRAGON- The SEA TRAGON!! Lurking deep under the ocean-guarding his treasure- Treasure hunters-BEWARE-The Sea Tragon is watching and waiting… (2 URLs) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Long Live The Brick! Megan (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !!

  Lego faces Christmas production block

This was passed to me courtesy of Michael Dudley. Thought you would like to know. (URL) Griffith Special Ops Admin Mechahub.com (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Motion to move the LSC elections passes

With a total of 12 voters who "agreed" and none who "disagreed", the Motion to move the LSC elections from July to October: Begin of motion ---...--- Recurring Dates * October 1 - Annual summary published. Call for nominations. * October 14 - All (...) (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  SCLTC Photos from NMRA - PSWR Convention

Photos from the SCLTC display at the National Model Railroad Association - Pacific Southwest Region convention earlier this month are posted (URL). (URL) SCLTC> presented its Island of Sodor at a model railroad event for the first time accompanied (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !

  Lego Sets/Parts History CD Sampler

Carsten Jopke of 1000steine has posted a picture of the Lego CD, and a link to a sample chapter (listed as "Beispielkapitel") on 1000steine: (URL) for all the folks who have pre-ordered and prepayed!! Gary Istok istokg@earthlink.net P.S. Still a few (...) (18 years ago, 29-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce)

  A Bosch-Lego dishwasher (really)!

Just saw (URL) this article> discussing a real-life dishwasher made by Bosch, with a special cycle and compartment to wash your toys. And it is actually Lego co-branded! You can also find it on the (URL) Bosch home page>. Cool! Roy (18 years ago, 29-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO SETS/PARTS HISTORY CD....

(...) I'm sorry, I thought the previous followup post was going to Lugnet.Announce. My appologies! For those folks who were put on a pre-order list last year, and haven't heard from me, please let me know. And new pre-orders are welcome for the AFOL (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org is temporarely LDraw.org is temporarily not available

Hi, you might wonder why LDraw.org is currently showing just a blank page. We were upgrading to Postnuke .763 to support the new Postnuke theme templating engine when something went the wrong way. We are currently working to fix the problem and (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  BrickJournal 5 is out!

(URL) BrickJournal 5 is available for download! Finally! This issue's theme is Really Big Stuff, so there are stories on big ships, big buildings, and big spaceships...and a look at the real LEGO Factory! There's also event reports from Europe and (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LSC adopts "de-facto" BFC standard as the draft standard

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has adopted the "de-facto" Back Face Culling (BFC) standard ((URL) as their draft standard. We are now working on clarifying a few minor ambiguities in the draft standard so that it can be ratified as the official (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM Relaunch

I'm pleased to announce the relaunch of LDraw.org's MOTM/SOTM contest. Moving the curatorship has caused some trouble, but now we are back on track and open submissions to MOTM/SOTM once again. Have a look at: (URL) the rules and submit you model or (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Motion to move the LSC elections: Call for Ratification

Since the motion to move the LSC elections has been posted (URL) and publicly discussed, and since by peoples' silence, there appear to be no more lingering objections, the Steering Committee hereby calls for a community vote to ratify the motion (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  GtwLUG at Archon

(...) Here is the link to the photos for this event: (URL) you enjoy... Don (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce)

  My MOC galleries are back on Brickshelf

Hello Lugnet, My name is Molly Friedrich. I was a regular poster a few years ago under my old name, although things have changed a lot for me and I needed some time to process everything. Some may have considered me an innovator in the space and (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars) !!

  *** Correction: LDView Version 3.1 Released ***

My (URL) previous post>, apparently re-announcing LDView 3.1 Beta 1, had an incorrect subject line. The subject line should have announced the release of LDView 3.1. I apologize for the confusion. --Travis Cobbs (18 years ago, 11-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  *** LDView Version 3.1 Beta 1 Released ***

LDView 3.1 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here: (URL) While this is only a point release, there are some significant new features. Some highlights are: Automated download and installation of the LDraw parts library. (...) (18 years ago, 11-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Display at Archon

This coming weekend James Seibert (with me as assisting) is doing ESPG (the Pirate game with LEGO ships) at the Sci-Fi Con known as Archon in Collinsville, Illinois. GtwLUG is also doing a LEGO Star Wars Display as well as a small Train layout. To (...) (18 years ago, 5-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce)

  The first pictures from Skaerbaek event

Hi, Here some pictures by Didier Malon of the Skaerbaek event in Danemark. (URL) (18 years ago, 2-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.dk) !

  Eastern Block Web Site Contest!!! Win a 6980 Galaxy Commander!!!

Comrades! The Eastern Block web site needs an overhaul! I did the best I can, but alas I am a coder, not a web designer. I know, shocking... So what to do? LEGO fans do seem to have a good bit of web talent, so why not have a contest to design the (...) (18 years ago, 27-Sep-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Bricksmith 1.5: The Minifigure Cometh

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 1.5> adds the following features: A (URL) Minifigure Generator> Move and Rotate panels Pressing x, y, or z keys rotates parts It also fixes the following bugs: Holding option while nudging parts reliably selects the third axis (...) (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  LEGO Star Wars II has gone platinum

According to TheForce.Net, LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy has sold 1.1 million copies in less than two weeks. (URL) Granted, this is the combined sales of the game for all platforms including the GameBoy Advance, but it's still an amazing (...) (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Live with Joe Meno

(URL) BlueBrick Radio> is pleased to announce that our first LIVE broadcast will be Thursday September, 14 at 9:00pm EST! We will have Joe Meno, coordinator of BrickFest/Brick Party 2006, as our special guest. We will talk bricks, enjoy music and (...) (18 years ago, 14-Sep-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact