 Announcements / 3355
3354  |  3356
Subject:
Thanksgiving turkey centerpiece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:17:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Another centerpiece, this time a Thanksgiving turkey:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=218380 (after moderation)

I built it in three hours the night before Thanksgiving, so it’s a bit scrawny and I had to cut some corners. For example, I used an old hinge piece to attach the tail:

The stick-like support I added to keep it upright didn’t work very well, so I cheated and used a string with end studs to hold it instead.

Most of the pieces came from the airplane sets 3451 Sopwith Camel and 10124 Wright Flyer. I started the turkey by noticing the airplane struts could look an awful lot like toes, so that established its scale. The engine propellers also make good feathers at that size.

Deep links: