 Announcements / 3343
3342  |  3344
Subject:
Large-scale LEGO furniture sculptures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:19:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi again everyone!

Last month I was approached by a Danish furniture company that is coming to the US for the first time ever. They asked me to build some large sculptural models of their furniture pieces, which were shipped over to a trade show and given away as prizes.

I built a half-scale table and two quarter-scale chairs.

The table was, for me, the most interesting since 1) the legs taper very subtly, and 2) the texture (wicker) played an important part in how the table looked. I ended up building the entire model at a 45-degree angle, zig-zagging LEGO bricks at a corrosponding 45-degree angle to create a straight, textured zig-zag wall. This added substantially to the piece count (the model was almost entirely 1x4 bricks, diagonally!) but it made all the difference in the world.

Read more at: Table, Wicker chair, and Aluminum chair

Sean
- - -
Sean Kenney
LEGO Certified Professional