 Announcements / 1846 (-100)
  Kindergardeners help out the NGLTC

To day local kindergarteners helped out the North Georgia LEGO Train Club by making ornaments to decorate our tree at this years Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's Festival of Trees. The children are students at Matt Elementary school in Forsyth (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  Peeron crosses 2000 inventory mark!

Been a while since our last post [1], but we've added more than 500 sets since then, and now have more than 2000 sets inventoried! That about half of the sets in the LUGNET Guide[2], and with more inventories added daily, I hope we'll continue to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.db.inv) !!

  MichLUG Logo Contest

For some time we have been using a MichLUG logo (1) that has been sort of a placeholder until we can up with something better. Now is that time. We want a new, nice logo that will look great on a shirt. Something that will hold its own against the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org, lugnet.publish.html) !!

  BimP Updates (11 November 2002)

Updates this week include: * Continuation of our interview with the Reverend. The Reverend has also provided us with an exclusive image. Be sure to check it out under question 12. * A sample chapter of Ralph Hempel's new Spybotics book. Over 800 (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  NGLTC Greenberg show pictures

The NGLTC had a great time at the Atlanta Greenberg Toy & Train show this past weekend. We had quite a turn out of fine Train MOCs from club members: Lewis showed off his new Shay #5: (URL) had his Big Boy (not sure the version, I've lost count :) (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl) !

  SCLTC at Cal Stewart Show in Pasadena, California!

We've done another show! (And it's still happening!) On November 9-10, 2002, the Southern California LEGO Train Club displayed their mountain layout at the Cal Stewart show in Pasadena, California. (Wait a second... today's the 9th, so why am I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la) !

  Reminder: MonLUG and ParLUGment's joint Train Show this weekend

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town)

  Next TCLug Meeting

Hi! Our next TCLUG meeting will be this Friday, November 8th @ 6:30pm. It will be at Brian's new house. Email me for directions! (cowrack@yahoo.com). Bring along any sets, MOC, or lego items you wish! I hope to see you there!! Remember, Brian has (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.3

I finally got around to fixing the Hat Accessory problems. Get it here: (URL) in this version: 1.3 11/05/02 -Changed color sort order to that of the order of the colors in MiniPart.ini -Added ability to manually enter color number -Fixed the Hat (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  BimP Updates (5 November 2002)

Updates this week include: * A new review of the RC Race Buggy (8475) by Tels * A new toon by Ton * Editorial notes for the September toon archive * Numerous BimP Board additions Enjoy! Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winner for October 2002

Kinda late, but here goes: Keving Dixon won both categories this month. A rare occurance, but well deserved. Both his model and scene were excellent. And of course the rendering quality is superior - almost looks photographic. I really need to check (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  LEGO and NASA team up...

A friend transmitted me the announcement below. (it seems that the mentionned (URL) is not yet available) Philo www.philohome.com ---...--- NASA SELECTS LEGO COMPANY TO RUN MARS ROVER NAMING CONTEST NASA announced a contest, which will give American (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce)

  See the Midnight MOCkery winners! And send your comments for next year's contest

Firstly a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who took the time and trouble to enter. I think you'll agree that there was some great work going on here: (URL) is a link to the start up of the Third Annual Midnight MOCkery, and you can enter at any time (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

After a late night, the Medieval Marketplace web site is finally online! www.ozbricks.net/medievalmarket The web site further explains the published "Market Standard" along with 10 color-coded diagrams, includes a full list of shop ideas to get you (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish) !

  * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.3 released *

Hello! New version is out now. Get it at (URL) ! + = New feature * = Bugfix - = Removed feature Changes since version 1.2 v1.3 10/26/2002 + Looking for parts.lst instead of LDraw.exe for location check of LDraw parts * Drag and Drop fixed + Changed (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  MichLUG at Train-O-Rama in Dearborn 10-27-02

My photos of MichLUG's train show yesterday are now public on Brickshelf. Highlights of the show included: My St. Mary's of Redford: (URL) Haunted House and Graveyard: (URL) Art Deco auto dealership: (URL) wienermobile: (URL) Leach's fire station: (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce) !!

  Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Hello All!!! After much anticipation, I am both excited and pleased to formally announce The Medieval Marketplace: A Common Castle Builders project. Below is the final version of the "Market Standard", the building standard for all market shops. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw) !!

  2nd NovaLUG meeting in Dartmouth, NS

Hello, I'm proud to announce our 2nd participation at a model train show on November 16 in Dartmouth, NS. It will be held in the Dartmouth Sportsplex, Wyse road near the MacDonald Bridge from 9am to 4:30PM We had so much success during the October (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ns)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment will hold their second joint Train Show

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town) !

  LMPOPC : less than a month remaining !!!

My LEGO contest, The LEGO Movie Poster Open Project Contest, is finishing on November 23 at 23:59. This means that less than a month is remaining for you people to enter the contest and have a chance to win great prizes. Details of the contest and (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests)

  NELUG welcomes your participation in the Boston area Festival of Trees

NELUG will be participating in both the Sleigh Bell Festival and the Festival of Trees in Boston Massachusetts December 6-8 2002. The main event will be the Sleigh Bell Festival where NELUG will have its 10'x20' train layout set up. This event is (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  Heads Up: LoTeK has a new URL!

Hi all! My website LoTeK has moved! Previous URL: (URL) URL: (URL) moved the files and folders around a bit too so the site has had a major overhaul. Please update any bookmarks to my site. All folders on the old site has a redirecting index.html (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.gaming)

  New Syngress RIS 2.0 Book!

Syngress has published another LEGO book, continuing the series started by the Dark Side Developer's Kit book, and to be finished up by the Ultimate Builder's Set book. I think all three will be available in a kit too. This current book is specific (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic) !

  Collection of LEGOWORLD 2002 picture gallery links

Hello all, I've noticed that a lot of people took the effort of posting the pictures they shoot at the great LEGOWORLD 2002 event. Thank you all very much for that. For the benefit off all, I've compiled a list of all the links that Marcel van der (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.eu) !!

  Confederation Site moves

The Confederation of Planets site has moved to (URL) update your links accordingly. <>-------<> Rick Hallman Member of MichLUG: (URL) of Planets: (URL) Instant Messenger: The bRicktron <>-------<> (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO GREAT PUMPKIN GIVEAWAY!

This weekend at Potomac Mills Mall.. The LEGO GREAT PUMPKIN GIVEAWAY! Saturday, October 26th 2700 Potomac Mills Circle Prince William, Virginia 22192 Bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Grand Court to benefit Toys for Tots and receive a free LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  Fully Transformable Robotech Cyclone

Had the urge to make the Robotech Cyclone. Hope you guys like it. This is just a standard issue Cyclone armor. When I have time I will make all the characters and their armor like Joel and Todd did. They were a great source of inspiration. I could (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  LotR update - 3 new chapters

Hi all, Three new chapters have been added to my Lord of the Rings project: (URL) home page: (URL) next big thing will be the creation of Helm's Deep, but I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to start on that. Bruce (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle)

  SCLTC to present at BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  SCLTC to present BricksWest 2003

Come all to BricksWest 2003 and attend the train sessions. The SCLTC has been invited to do a session on "The Making Of a Multi-Dimensional Train Layout". We'll run thru the initial design, sync-ing up with each other, infrastructure, and bricking (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Mechastruct Still On

Hello! I just wanted to remind everyone that the Mechastruct Contest is still on! I hope you guys are building some great mecha out there! If you haven't heard about the Mechastruct contest or you wish to read the rules, check out the official site: (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space)

  Pictures of SCLTC's Latest Show

Pictures of the Southern California LEGO Train Club's latest show are online at www.scltc.org. These pictures show a LOT more than the teaser, so don't think you saw everything the first time! Deep link: www.scltc.org/pages/...layout.htm Excerpt (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc) !!

  [PRESS RELEASE] Announcing BricksWest™ 2003 - The Second Annual LEGO® Fan Event On The West Coast

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact Matthew Gerber BrickMedia, LLC Post Office Box 1292 Santa Maria, California 93456-1292 (805) 347-8460 VOICE admin@brickswest.com (URL) BricksWest™ 2003 - The Second Annual LEGO® Fan Event On The West Coast October 21, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce) !!

  Pictures from our trip to Legoland Billund 2002

Hi Lugnet, I've uploaded some pictures from our trip to Legoland in Billund, Denmark on October the 19th 2002. Sorry, but my digi-cam is not the best in the world and the beautiful danish autumn sun did interfere wherever it could. You can access (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.billund) !

  leJOS T-Shirts and More

The leJOS web site now has T-Shirts, hats, mouse pads, mugs, wall clocks and stickers available at www.lejos.org. If you order before the end of Monday, October 21 (tomorrow) you save $3 on T-Shirts, ceramic mugs and mouse pads. p.s. If anyone would (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce)

  NGLTC Children's hospital LEGO building session

In the first phase of the North Georgia LEGO Train Club's (NGLTC) Festival of Trees project we held a LEGO ornament building session at Egleston Children's Hospital. The ornaments built will be used to decorate our club tree that will be on display (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

After several months of development, meetings and false starts, we are very proud to announce the formation of The Brickish Association. It is our hope that the Association will become the meeting place for most, if not all, of the 'usual suspects' (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk) !!

  Motopod - tank treads!

Following my tradition of motorized space pods, and having JUST received my 1st set of tank treads (ok, "conveyer chain links") I again became inspired to create an addition to the pod fleet... Well, 2 additions, since one is just to look cute, and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space) !

  MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their second joint train show

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town) !!

  SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

The Southern California LEGO Train Club has finally completed its latest layout, currently on display at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana, California! I've posted a teaser picture on our official website at www.scltc.org. Be prepared for (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  BimP Updates (12 October 2002)

Below are the recent BimP Updates: * Article: The Making of out-of-pocket - Ton shares how he creates those wonderful toons. * Review: 3D Pumpkin Pack Kit - My daughter's instructions for adding a light are now included. * Toon: A new toon by Ton (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

Yet another coding frenzy on a rainy day, trying to stay awake while shifting from a nights to days schedule, produced the next version of my plugin Get it here: (URL) in this version: -Added LDView preview support -Added Footwear rotation ability (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev)

  New Sets 2003

Hi all, (URL) the new sets form 2003. Great stuff in my opinion: - Micro Star Wars Sets - New Star Wars Sets - Oriental theme [Build your own Alquaida battlefield ;-) ] - nice parts in Creator sets I would say, the quality of sets is getting better (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce) !!

  First entries for Midnight MOCkery are posted - Still time to enter!

The first 6 entries for this Halloween competition have been recieved and posted on the site. Please show your appreciation of everybody's efforts so far by going and having a look at them here: (URL) are still 3 weeks to get your entry in, for a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  ISD Inventory posted

With the kind help of TLG, I just posted an inventory of the new <set:10030> Imperial Star Destroyer on Peeron: (URL) notes: - This inventory is the result of our translation of the data the LEGO provided, and as such might (and is likely) to be not (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Acronym FAQ Updated

Hi guys and gals, Following an email update with some new acronyms (thanks Bruce!), I realized the LEGO acronym FAQ needed a serious update. Some acronyms there are hardly ever used (like PEWC or CMIIW), while other new, wide-spread ones were (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.announce) !!

  LPub 2.0.0.62 available

LPub 2.0.0.62 is now available at (URL) is a GUI application that automates the creation of building instruction web pages from LDRAW format files using L3P and POV-Ray. This release of LPub fixes these bugs: - LPub leaves POV-Ray open when (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce)

  BimP Updates (6 October 2002)

Not much to announce this week. The latest BimP updates include: * A new toon by Ton * A new navigation bar and menu area for the desktop version * BimP Boards are now ready for the masses Coming soon: * New article by Ton * Year-end feature (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  lsynth - LDRAW compatible bendable part synthesizer available

Hi, I'm proud to announce lsynth, an LDRAW compatible bendable part synthesizer is now available on my website (URL) lsynth introduces a new LDRAW meta-command SYNTH that lets you specify things you want synthesized directly in your LDRAW files. You (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Mechastruct Contest Begins October 7th!

Hello one and all! The 2002 Mechastruct Mecha building contest will kick off October 7th 2002. Please visit the Mechastruct website to view the offical rules and regulations! (URL) hope you guys enjoy this! out Tony Knaak (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space)

  NWBrickCon in the news

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share our 15 minutes of fame. (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  LEGO Color Reference

I've been playing around a bit with LDraw, L3P, and POV-RAY over the past few weeks. In August I tried to do some rendering of individual LEGO elements and found it to be a lot more challenging than I had expected. After much hair-pulling and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce) !!

  USS Constellation reissue

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet but: (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates)

  Free Core Lego Mindstorms book for Instructors

Anyone interested in using leJOS in an educational course can now receive a free copy of my book Core Lego Mindstorms. According to Prentice-Hall, this offer is for qualified instructors only. More information can be found at the Prentice-Hall (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Announcing "The Unofficial LEGO Disney Villain Contest"

(...) Cross posting to lugnet.announce to give it a higher profile! Joe (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Invitation to run your trains at NW BrickCon

Greetings all. The Northwest Brick Convention is nearly upon us. This should be a remarkable event, and PNLTC is very pleased to be participating. We would like to invite any attendees with train MOCs to please bring them along, and we'll run them (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  6074: Black Monarch's Castle is a Legend!

I don't know German, but I'm as suprised as they are! I can't give a direct link but go to... (URL) read: "6073 als Legende - hab ich was verpasst???" Translation at Alta Vista doesn't really help much. The text says, "On Trettys pictures of the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle) !!

  Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.1

My work schedule has allowed me to do a lot of work on my Minifig Generator (there's not much to do at 1:00 AM when I get off work). The fruits of my labor is version 1.1 Get it here: (URL) in this version: -Added L3Lab preview support -Fixed tool (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Make your bricks happy: 2nd ISCC starts today!

Hello@all! Let your bricks smile: Use them in your models for the 2nd International SYSTEM Creativity Contest. Create ANYTHING you want. Submit as many entries as you want. There are three kinds of categories: Categories by age of the builder, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general) !!

  ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for September 2002

That time o' month, MOTM goes to Greg Overkamp for his "Brickmor Soccer Stadium". Quite the mega-model, I can see a lot of painstaking detail went into that beauty. SOTM to Stefan Hansson for his haunting "Alone". I just have to laugh everytime I (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org to present at LEGO WORLD 2002, Zwolle, Netherlands

Reprinted from (URL) volunteers will be hosting a booth at LEGO WORLD 2002, to introduce the public to the LDraw system of 3D CAD tools. The area will contain a hands-on computer lab for event guests to gain firsthand experience, a classroom area (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Austin Powers Mini Figure

My Austin Powers mini figure is now online... www.multiboard.com/~...stpage.htm Marlon (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Jay & Silent Bob Lego Figures

My custom Jay and Silent Bob Lego figures are now online. www.multiboard.com/~...stpage.htm Marlon (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce)

  BimP Updates (30 September 2002)

The latest BimP updates include: * A new toon by Ton (very funny and indicative of the LEGO community) * A wonderful new model submission by Dennis Bosman. Models and images don't get any better than this! * (In case you missed it)An Escher model (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  Great Western Lego Train Show 16/11/02

The NBLTC are proud to announce their next and biggest ever show at 'Steam', the Great Western Railway museum in Swindon, UK. The event will take place on 16th November 2002 and features a 9ft x 21ft layout in front of a real steam loco (Caerphilly (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  LSA Screensaver

Howdy. Yesterday I developed a screensaver with epic photos showing battles the LSA has fought. There are 2 versions of it, one with music and one without. The one with music goes to the song of My Sacrifice by Creed. There's a disclaimer, don't (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Wheel Generator plug in for LDrawDesignPad LDDP

I have finished my first plugin for LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) (And that was also the first DLL I wrote) It is a Wheel Generator, Generates a combination of wheel holder, wheels and tyres. All matching and aligned. It can be downloaded from: (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.2 released *

Hello! New version is out now. Get it at (URL) ! + = New feature * = Bugfix - = Removed feature Changes since version 1.1 + Setup installer + "Send To" entry + Saves LDDP.exe path to registry (check plugins-Readme.txt in Sample folder) + Added (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Help choose the next Featured Building Instruction!

All, I have added a poll to the lugnet.inst ((URL) sidebar to allow you to choose the next featured building instruction! I have picked some great designs, and I encourage you to check them out and add your review at the BI Portal ((URL) McKee LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  NWBrickCon Registration Deadline

Last reminder for registering for NWBrickCon. Your registration needs to be sent by the 28th for us to get it in time to make badges, etc. If you are registering today or tomorrow, and live outside of the Seattle area, please also send me an email (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce)

  NWBrickCon Registration Deadline for T-Shirts approaching

If you haven't registered for NWBrickCon yet, the deadline is only days away. If you want a T-Shirt, it's only hours away! Mail your registration today. You can find the form at (URL) . -- David Schilling (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce)

  New Contest: The Second Annual Midnight MOCkery - With Prizes!

This year's Midnight MOCkery, the Gothic themed building contest for Halloween, is now open for entries. For more information see here: (URL) year Matherette ran the 1st Annual Midnight MOCkery, but she does not seem to be running an event this (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  Lego train show Edmonton Sept 28-29

Hello, The members of the Northern (and Southern) Alberta Lego User Groups are pleased to announce their participation in the Greater Edmonton Train Show this Saturday September 28 10AM-5PM and Sunday September 29 10AM-4PM. To be held at the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca)

  LSA Recruiting Staff Members-Join Today!

Please look at (URL) for your chance to join the LSA staff and be a member of this evergrowing website. This can be your 15 minutes of fame! Join today! Contest ends January 1, 2003. ~Dan (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Battlefish and starfighters

Hey all! My new ship is online. It is a small pirate ship which can carry two starffighters: Shark 1 and Shark 2. Enjoy! Pics of ship: (URL) of starfighters, docked and in free flight: (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce)

  MY CUSTOM MODELS NOW FOR SALE!!

Hiya all... Finally... the first of my CUSTOM SETS has gone on sale..!!! Thanx to michael at Ozbricks.com...: ) Go to: www.ozbricks.com And have a look in the Castle section under System....!!! This is the first of many I will be bringing out. They (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  LEGO® bricks not only for under the Christmas Tree this year

Once again the North Georgia LEGO® Train Club (NGLTC) will be supporting the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta by sponsoring a tree at the 26th Annual Festival of Trees. This extraordinary event has become a tradition of Atlanta’s holiday season (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce) !!

  New contest : The LEGO Movie Posters Open Project Contest (LMPOPC)

I'm proud to announce that 'Créations Rotule enr.' will be hosting its first contest. The goal is simple: create a large number of Movie posters replica made with LEGO elements. There are presently 7 posters on the website, 6 from myself. We feel (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests) !

  LEGO & NCLTC @ Lulu Tech Circus in Raleigh, NC 9/27-9/29

Next weekend (9/27-9/29) the Lulu Tech Circus is being held at the Jim Graham Building on the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh, North Carolina. (URL) is a sponsor and will have three exhibits at the Tech Circus. The LEGO's Brand Retail exhibit will (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.announce)

  Thunderbots Website Updated

Hi all, The Thunderbots Website has been updated! It includes Robocup Junior Finals Results. Also you can join Club Thunderbot. Click this link. (URL) Au (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Beta 3

Oops, I just discoverd I forgot to upgrade the sample projects to Beta 3, this causes some minor loading problems. I will upgrade them later today and repack and upload the install as soon as posible. Roland (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LD4DModeler 1.0 Beta 3

It took me, again serveral, months to get to a stable new Beta version of LD4DModeler. But I think it's worth the wait. LD4DModeler 1.0 Beta 3 is now available on my website at: (URL) of most important new features: Visibility control over models (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Vector-graphic Octan logos (text and yin-yang)

Not sure where to post this... I have recently completed vector graphic versions of the Octan logos, both the text and the “yin-yang.” Until they are moderated, here are some GIF versions of the files: Smaller (25kB) (URL) (62kB) (URL) the files are (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.town)

  LDraw Torso Generator

I'm not quite sure where to post this. I'm working on a program that opens an image file and generates an LDraw torso based on it. It's not ready for release yet, but there's some pictures that demonstrate the results on my page. Right now the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Major Update to my site!

Finally, after literally months of work, I have majorly updated my website, www.multiboard.com/~marlon . New To My Site: Star Trek Lego Page - Contains some Star Trek inspired creations. Crocodile Hunter Video Page - Contains a Lego Studios movie I (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Women of the Brick

A note that I've placed online the first of three interviews with some very interesting and talented women who work for LEGO Systems. Tim Webmaster, "From Bricks to Bothans" (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  GI Joe & Cobra Lego Page Now Online

My updated website has a page devoted to my G.I. Joe & Cobra inspired Lego models... www.multiboard.com/~marlon LMKWYT Marlon (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Star Trek Lego Page now online!

My Star Trek inspired Lego models are now online, along with a bunch of other stuff! www.multiboard.com/~marlon LMKWYT! Marlon (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce)

  LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

I'm proud to annouce my first LEGO CAD program called LPub. LPub stands for LEGO Publisher. It is designed to automatically produce step by step building instructions from your LDRAW format designs. It uses L3P, POV-Ray and MEGA-POV (if you have it (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce) !!

  BimP Updates (11 Sep 02)

A couple of new updates this week: * Be sure to check our newest model submission by Steve Lane. His MOC Gottwald Demag AK912 is simply amazing! * The latest out-of-pocket cartoon has been posted. * A few other surprises are online as well. See if (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  *** LDView Version 1.9.7 Released ***

LDView version 1.9.7 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) highlights of version 1.9.7 include: QT-based Linux version Fly-through mode Replaced the progress panel with a status bar There are numerous (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  New MOC: Osprey Podfighter

Hi all, My newest craft is the Osprey Podfighter: (URL) (once moderated) Til then: (URL) 01-13 In a departure from conventional pods, I decided to fully extend a major part of the ship outside the radar dishes. I also wanted to maintain a poddish (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space) !

  LEGO sermons and my wedding

Hello fellow LUGNETers! I got married on 02/02/02 at 2:02 p.m. (cool date and time, huh?), and wanted to share some LEGO-related news from that event. I lurk here every day, but post rarely. However, late last year, I posted a question seeking ideas (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce) !

  ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for August 2002

Wow. Another summer gone... And the winners of the August MOTM and SOTM are: Anshul Sirur's chess model "Checkmate" and Jon Palmer's Spiff-inspired scene "THE SCUM BEINGS CLOSE IN!". Vote on the September entries here: (URL) Terry K -- (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  NWBrickCon reminder

I just wanted to remind everyone that registration is coming along, and if you want to get the quality polo NWBrickCon shirt we NEED to get your paperwork by Sept 14th. We'll have a few spares, not many and they won't be available at the con, so (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  LEGO Tribute to 911

Martha Raffaele of the Associated Press Writer is reporting: "HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - An airplane made of Lego building blocks, a salt shaker decorated like an angel and other tributes left at the field where United Flight 93 crashed on Sept. 11 were (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce)

  memorial highway created

A memorial highway has been created on the MAALFD's website where lego city once was. The Eric Mcdonald Memorial Highway connects the new capital city with the area's bay bridge. learn more at: (URL) Aid Association of Lego Fire Departments (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: BimP Updates (24 Aug 02)

Additional Updates This Week: * The Ferrari brothers have provided me with pictures to place within their article. Now the article is complete! * Not to be outdone by our good friend Jake, BimP has a new policy concerning our charityware status: (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Pics from BrickFest 2002

Howdy all! Here are a few of my pics from BrickFest 2002... enjoy! (URL) (sid) (URL) BrickShelf gallery: (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce)

  BimP Updates (24 Aug 02)

* New toon by Ton - see what's happening at OOP consulting! * Completion of the 20 questions article with the Ferrari Brothers - very entertaining and even a few surprises. * New submission guidelines - TJ has updated our submission guidelines for (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact