 Announcements / 1754
1753  |  1755
Subject:
LEGO sermons and my wedding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:02:01 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello fellow LUGNETers!

I got married on 02/02/02 at 2:02 p.m. (cool date and time, huh?), and
wanted to share some LEGO-related news from that event.  I lurk here every
day, but post rarely.  However, late last year, I posted a question seeking
ideas for creative cake toppers to be used on my wedding cake.   Some of you
were kind enough to point me to other AFOLs who could help me out.
Eventually, I was put in contact with a builder at LEGO who provided me with
a photo of a sculpture they provide their employees when they get married. I
then got in touch with Eric Harshbarger, and contracted him to build the
structure from the photo.  Given all the planning duties and such, I didn't
have the availability or parts needed to build it in time for the wedding
myself.  (Why my wife went along with all this, I still don't know, but
that's part of the reason I love her!).

However, that's not all.

In a break from tradition, the officiant of our wedding broke up his sermon
into three parts (Past, Present, Future).  He asked my wife and I to find
symbols that represented each of these points in our lives.  For the future,
we chose LEGO... because, well... you'll have to visit our wedding website
to find out why! :)

Our wedding was broadcast live over the Internet, and I have an archived
version parked on our website.  In fact, if you have RealPlayer installed,
you can watch the whole LEGO segment, complete with audio and video.

I just wanted to thank those of you who helped me find what I need to make
our day special!  Here are a couple links to fill you all in on how it went...

THE CAKE AND LEGO STUFF:
http://steveandamysly.tannerworld.com/wedding/cake.htm

OUR PERSONAL SITE:
http://www.steveandamysly.com