 Announcements / 1756
1755  |  1757
Subject:
*** LDView Version 1.9.7 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 05:28:04 GMT

LDView version 1.9.7 is now available, in both source and binary forms.  You
can download either from:

http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/

Some highlights of version 1.9.7 include:
QT-based Linux version
Fly-through mode
Replaced the progress panel with a status bar

There are numerous other changes, many of which are bug fixes.  In fact the
change from a progress panel to a status bar was done to increase the
stability and cut down on some of the unpredictable errors.

The Linux port is definitely the most major new feature.  Of course, this
doesn't really effect Windows users, so calling it a feature may be a little
inappropriate.  However, I did actually detect and fix a number of bugs in
the common code while developing the Linux version that are now fixed in
Windows version as well.

At the moment, the only pre-compiled Linux version was compiled in RedHat
7.3, and may not work in any other Linux distributions.  But the source
should compile in any *nix operating system that has QT 3 support and a
32-bit compiler, so people can build it themselves.

You can take a look at the change history both on the web site and in the
zip download for a list of all of the changes in each version.

As always, please let me know if you have any comments, questions, feature
suggestions, or bug reports.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)