 CAD / 8703
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.7 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:07:22 GMT

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> skrev i meddelandet
In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson writes:
Suggestions:

Do a one-time scan of the LDRAW directory, [...]

That's a good idea, but since LDView caches files after reading them, it
will only ever check for any particular file once.  So I don't think this
will help.

So use the possibilities of the unix file system to your advantage - the
first time you find a file the hard way, create a _link_ to it, with your
normalized file name!

Your file reading will get faster and faster, and adapt itself to new parts
added to the directory when they're used the first time.

To keep directory size down, you might consider keeping the links in a
separate directory (haven't used unix for ~12 years, but seem to remember
directory searches getting slow when too large...)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm