 CAD / 8689
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.7 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:38:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs writes:
In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Travis Cobbs wrote:

QT-based Linux version

Cool. Thanks.

I downloaded the Linux/x86 binary to what I believe is a Red
Hat 7.3 system (might be 7.2 though), to test it.

Even though the "File" -> "LDraw Dir" menu shows the correct
directory, LDView claims that it is unable to find the files
my models use.

Thanks for the report.  My first guess is that this is caused by a
case-sensitive filesystem, and the files have a different case than what the
model specifies.  All my testing at home was done using an LDraw install on
my Windows drive that I mounted in Linux.  (Note that the default place the
Linux LDView looks for the LDraw install is in /mnt/c/ldraw, although this
isn't where I personally had mine.)

I'm not sure if this helps, but you could borrow the code from ldglite
for case sensitive filenames.  Or at least examine it for ideas.  It also
has hooks for MacOS which you should think about since there's a Mac
version of LDView now, right?

Anyhow, I made a quick attempt to build the linux source on my old
Mandrake system.  Didn't get too far.  I don't think I have QT 3.
But one thing I did notice was the tgz file had the .depend files
in it.  You might want to add an rm -f .depend to your clean target
in the Makefiles so they get deleted before you package a release.
I'm such a dummy I didn't realize that was my problem for like 10
minutes.

Don