 CAD / 8697
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.7 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:47:06 GMT

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> skrev i meddelandet

There are a few things I need to do to speed it up in certain cases. • Right
now it tries to open the file with the entire path in lower case, then the
entire path in upper case, then it does a case-insensitive search for the
file.  For parts in the LDraw directory, this case-insenstive search • starts
at "/", and gets built up one directory at a time.  If your LDraw • directory
path contains mixed case anywhere, the full case-insensitive search has to
be used for every single part and primitive.  This is fairly slow.

Suggestions:

Do a one-time scan of the LDRAW directory, and build a translation table in
memory between your way of file name normalization, and the actual, file
system, file names. Then you just go through this table for every
reference... (Hashed array?)

Or build this table incrementally when each part is referenced for the first
time...

Or make a utility to rename a directory hierarchy in a normalized way...

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm