 Announcements / 1763
1762  |  1764
Subject:
LDraw Torso Generator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 04:52:54 GMT

I'm not quite sure where to post this.  I'm working on a program that opens
an image file and generates an LDraw torso based on it.  It's not ready for
release yet, but there's some pictures that demonstrate the results on my page.

Right now the program outputs one line to the LDraw file per pixel, so file
sizes are very big.  I plan on optimizing that some before I release it.
Still, the sizes will probably be high.  Creating a torso with a vector
based drawing program would be better, but this should make it easy for
anybody to make their own torso.

I just wanted to see if there was any interest in this, or if anyone has
done this before.

-Andrew
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinam/MartianDesign/