 Announcements / 1814
1813  |  1815
Subject:
[PRESS RELEASE] Announcing BricksWest™ 2003 - The Second Annual LEGO® Fan Event On The West Coast
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:15:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact
Matthew Gerber
BrickMedia, LLC
Post Office Box 1292
Santa Maria, California 93456-1292
(805) 347-8460 VOICE
admin@brickswest.com
http://www.brickswest.com/

Announcing BricksWest™ 2003 -  The Second Annual LEGO® Fan Event On The West
Coast

October 21, 2002—Today BrickMedia™, LLC (http://www.brickmedia.com/) and the
volunteer committee of organizers is proud to officially announce BricksWest
2003, the West Coast LEGO fan event. Designed for the Adult Fan Of LEGO
(AFOL), families, and children of all ages, BricksWest has become the
premiere West Coast gathering for fans of the brick. The event will take
place in beautiful Carlsbad, California, home of the LEGOLAND™ California
theme park (http://www.lego.com/eng/legoland/california/).

This second annual gathering will again take place President's Day Weekend,
February 14 - 17, 2003. "This weekend should be perfect for our ultimate
gathering of LEGO fans," said Matthew Gerber, Event Coordinator for
BricksWest. "We are thrilled to bring this unique conference and exposition
to the fans for a second year, and have many fun surprises in store for the
attendees."

BricksWest is a fan-produced event officially sanctioned and sponsored by
the LEGO Group of companies.

Exclusive Venue & Events
The BricksWest organizers have secured The Windmill Banquet and Catering
Facility (http://www.windmillbanquet.com/) as the official venue for
BricksWest 2003. This lovely meeting center is just minutes from LEGOLAND
California and promises a spacious and comfortable venue for event attendees
to enjoy.

Through an exclusive sponsorship from LEGOLAND California, event attendees
will once again have the opportunity to exhibit their personal LEGO
creations in the LEGOLAND Pavilion. "This is a chance not many LEGO fans
get," said Gerber. "The opportunity to display a personal creation for the
guests of LEGOLAND is the LEGO fan equivalent of hanging a painting in the
Louvre. Our display last year, including models from all of our sponsoring
LEGO User Groups (LUG) and LEGO Train Clubs (LTC), garnered national media
attention for its professionalism and fun."

Several very special guests are slated to attend BricksWest. See the
official event web site for details and further updates on our guest
attendees. (All events and special guests are subject to change)

Further Information & Updates
Additional information about BricksWest 2003 can be found at the official
event web site at http://www.brickswest.com/. The event organizers may be
contacted via e-mail at admin@brickswest.com. Questions about event modules
may be directed to events@brickswest.com. For information about event
registration, please contact registration@brickswest.com. Further
information about the BricksWest Animation Festival and Competition may be
e-mailed to thumat@gactr.uga.edu.

###

© 2002, BrickMedia, LLC. BricksWest is a trademark of BrickMedia, LLC.
BricksWest is a fan-produced event officially sanctioned and sponsored by
the LEGO Group of companies.  Information contained in this press release is
as accurate as possible as of the day of release. BricksWest and its
organizers cannot be held responsible for any errors, subsequent alterations
or inconveniences arising from them. LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group
of companies. All other marks are SM, TM, ®, or © their respective owners,
and no infringement is intended.