 Administrative / General / 8834
Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:55:54 GMT

mfuss903 at mfuss903@aol.com wrote:

All in all, what does it really matter????  I mean, they made a SPECIAL
effort to offer these sets to US FIRST - they could have easily ignored us
alltogether, but no - They gave us first shot.  I would definitely say this
belongs in all of the newsgroups they posted it in, he also did the right
thing by fixing the reply to part. I would consider this an announcement of
GRAND scale!

There are specific guidelines set up on the newsgroups to keep things
orderly. If people posted anywhere they liked, things would get rather messy
and confusing. When I was a newbie, I posted an auction announcement to
.space, and people jumped on me for it. At first, I was defensive, but
afterward I realized that it just keeps things orderly, otherwise we'd have
all sorts of auction announcements etc. flying all over the place.

Look at the rating for this set, people LOVE this set, and it
goes for crazy amounts on ebay and brickbay - when and if you can find it.
In no way would I call a MOC by Kevin, or ANYBODY else (not picking on
Kevin)proper to go into the announce thread, BUT when LEGO makes a SPECIAL
effort on a SPECIAL set, it really does belong there.

No, it doesn't. While I appreciate what they've done for us, I don't think
it's too much to expect them to follow the same rules that everyone else
here follows.

We as a whole have
done nothing but sh*t on LD recently, and they do this for us, and you sh*t
on this?

Now, waitaminit. No one has said they can't post this, they've just asked
that it be posted in the proper place, just like everyone else. Asking for
LD to follow the rules isn't sh*tting on them.

You must really not want them to continue to offer these great
items to us in the future, I know I would say "well f*ck you and your
keyboard" if I was Lego.  Just look at where this thread has gone, there are
2 main branches to this thread, and both are REALLY NEGATIVE branches.  What
are you people doing?????  Maybe you need to take a break from LEGO for a
while to grow up and relax.  I mean LEGOS are just TOYS, not a way of life -

Then why are you so upset? If you really feel that they are so trivial, then
why go and post this flailing diatribe? Perhaps you feel they're more than
just toys?

I fully understand that you may feel different - but really, give me a
break.  I did buy one of these sets,and am glad they did, I am going to
email Jake and thank him for this, and to give my regrets over you actions
that you have set out on. And I really think this thread should be taken off
the mainpage - is this what you want people to see?  Let it die, or just
re-post the original thread, and put it wherever you like and request
follow-ups to wherever you like, that way you can have it your way, and
hopefully THEN you will be happy - if not - then RELAX!!!

Perhaps you should do the same. Or maybe your caps lock key is just broken
and only capitalizes certain words.

Have a coke and a
smile or something.  I am sorry - this has been bugging me ALOT and I had to
put my 2 cents in.

Hmmm, what's your name? Doesn't the TOU say you should identify yourself in
order to post?

<snip>

Its charter currently says that it's for "Unofficial announcements pertaining
to LEGO® Shop-At-Home Service: summaries of weekly U.S. phone specials and
other notable specials"...
WHO CARES!!  Will the world end?  Just be happy they did this for us! GEESH!
YOu sound like little kids.

Pot Kettle Black. ;^)

http://news.lug

...but the word "unofficial" could certainly disappear now that LD is here.

If LD could remember to post these types of things to .announce.lsahs, that
would be great.  The main .announce group isn't for commercial announcements.
No harm done, but let's remember that lots of other people are restraining,
and LD shouldn't get special treatment.
WHY NOT?  ARENT THEY WHY WE ARE HERE????

No, love of LEGO bricks are why we are here. I don't come to LUGNet to
discuss why I love the corporation, I come here to discuss why I love the
bricks.

I think perhaps you've gotten a little too excited about all this. It was a
very nice thing for LD to do, but it's not the Second Coming.

$.02

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations